• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Pope and Young buck!

Pierce33

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Pierce, CO
Finally put down a nice buck two nights ago. I had been out of town the first week and a half of season. This was our third trip out this season and we probably saw 40-45 different bucks, they were absolutely everywhere. Unfortunately they aren't rutting yet so getting on them can be difficult, they aren't coming into decoys yet and theres so much water from the spring its tough to pick a water hole.
So we put on a couple unsuccessful stalks, but on the third night after about an hour and a half low crawl stalk i stuck this guy at 52 yards.
There were definitely bigger ones out there, but this is a very nice buck, he's right at about 71 inches. Happy to put my first animal in the pope and young book. It would be unreal hunting with a rifle out there, we could have put down some massive bucks from under 200 yards. But it takes 8 years to draw this unit with a rifle!

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/ranger33_375/IMG_0456.jpg

Re: Pope and Young buck!

Outstanding! Beautiful buck and great shot! I'm headed to WY four weeks from today with the rifle.

Re: Pope and Young buck!

Nice buck! I'm still trying to get my first archery buck. It is not near as easy as it is with a rifle!