• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes POS Nightforce* UPDATE*

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
just got this NF a couple weeks ago, mounted it up in Badger rings and thought it looked nice but got it to the range and the Piece of shit ran out of elevation adjustment once i got to 300 yards, i thought these were supposed to be fancy smancy scopes? please help, do I need a shim kit or a different base or something im missing?

mk3-1-1.jpg

Re: POS Nightforce ran out of adjustment at 300yds

Ya need some shims - use some old buisness cards or folded up post-its & you'll be good to go!!

it is not a POS, you mounted the scope backwards.

cheers.

if i had the money id buy this...............wait what?

you need a 40moa base

maybe it was damaged from your prison purse....

Dont blame the scope. You are obviously not "doing your part."

Shoulda went Barska. I get great elevation outta mine.

But I'm sure at less than 300 yd it shoots "easily under 0.5 MOA all day long".

VJJPunisher is good to go. Buy with confidence.

Trade ya a scratched NC Star with a removable windage turret?

Outside is fine, the scratch can only be seen when looking through the glass.

I had a similar problem on my homeboy sbr scope until I put the 40 moa mount.

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

Are those MOA turrets on a Mil reticle?

What height rings did you use? My build is almost done and I want my scope to sit just like yours does, but measuring & solving 1st grade math equations makes my head spin...

Sweet rig & thanks for your help!!!

Are you sure the sight base is aligned with the bore?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Neoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure the sight base is aligned with the bore?
wink.gif
</div></div>

yes, let me tell you finding a wooden 22 dowel 100 yards long to test this was a mother fucker

Is this Sold? Trades? Cool build.
My Uncle has one like it, shoots like a dream. BTT

Meh just shoot it at 100ft and claim its 5 or 6 hundred yards, meters, miles whatever, no one will no any better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Neoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should have got yourself one of these.

counter2.jpg
</div></div>

Holy dog shit.... IM SO JEALOUS!!!! lmao

Btw, do you have the dual reticle? I've seen the diagrams but was curious to see how much of a cluster fuck it really is. Through the scope pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you need a 40moa base </div></div>That'll get him out to 400 yards. And he might want to cut the front of the scope off. A 40MOA base will point that bullet straight up in the air.

Check two things......#1 if it's scratched then you are screwed. #2 is the inspection sticker still on? If not, you need that, if it is try adding another. It give you another 100 moa. But you can't mix new inspection sticker with old so be careful there are tolerances on those things.

I've imagined seeing this rig in action and it's a laser. VJJ is GTG.

I see your problem... the revolution of the scope is off by 45 degrees.

If you rotate CCW by 45 degrees you reach the maximum potential of the modulating percolator installed in the HS scopes.

By centering the axis of the modulating percolator to the 45th degree, your deviated proximity to the target regardless of distance is maximized to the Nth degree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your problem... the revolution of the scope is off by 45 degrees.

If you rotate CCW by 45 degrees you reach the maximum potential of the modulating percolator installed in the HS scopes.

By centering the axis of the modulating percolator to the 45th degree, your deviated proximity to the target regardless of distance is maximized to the Nth degree. </div></div>
+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your problem... the revolution of the scope is off by 45 degrees.

By centering the axis of the modulating percolator to the 45th degree, your deviated proximity to the target regardless of distance is maximized to the Nth degree. </div></div>

+1

oh yeah, tap that sunshade at the 6 o'clock for a rail mount to affix an Atlas Bipod. There's an anti cant lesson waiting in the wings...
wink.gif

Once you get the ACI & bubble level installed, you're golden!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#2 is the inspection sticker still on? If not, you need that, if it is try adding another. </div></div>

^ This

I'm a noob so please don't flame me for this probably age old asked question? But is that a sniper's rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 </div></div>

+1</div></div>

X2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledog57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a noob so please don't flame me for this probably age old asked question? But is that a sniper's rifle? </div></div>

The most badass sniperest of them all.