• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Position Available at LongRifles, Inc.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I need someone to handle our Cerakote and stock finishing work. It's a full time position with the potential to grow into some of the other parts of our business. It will require relocating to the Sturgis, SD area. The position is available immediately.

Prerequisites:

1. Must be detail oriented
    2. Work in an orderly/neat manner
    3. Appear/act professional
    4. Be able to articulate yourself well to others
    5. Have a basic fundamental understanding/vocabulary of firearms
    6. Be able to observe common sense firearms safety rules
    7. Be able to pass a criminal background check
    8. Be free of any substance abuse issues. I have zero tolerance for this.
    9. Basic computer knowledge, Graphic arts software experience is even better, but is not required
    10. Be a self starter. If you need constant guidance/supervision this is NOT the place for you.

We have some of the best tools money can buy here. A walk in environmentally controlled paint booth, the best painting equipment, etc. Now all we need is a qualified hard hitter to knock it out the park.

I don't do the hourly wage thing. YOU are in control of YOUR destiny. You work for yourself. I provide the work, facility, and materials. You make more money taking charge of your own life. We are all shepherds here. Sheep that wander in circles and wait to be told have no place with us.

We are a team environment. We ALL work together here towards a common goal. Individualists, artists, and prima donnas have no place here.

I'm not opposed to hiring someone with prior gunsmithing experience, but know that we have a process here that works and it works well. It's likely vastly different than what you were taught in school or at the last shop you worked at. I once had 6 top level gun school graduates working for me at another company. They bout drove me batchit crazy with their whining and moaning. I have no tolerance for it and second guessing me will get you no where.

Life is not fair. Get used to it.

We need someone committed as this is a lifestyle. It's not a 9-5 job. You won't last if your just here to punch a clock. We are growing at a feverish pace. The latest group buy has generated almost 60,000 views has over 300 participants. In only 3-1/2 months!

Our new facility was open and spacious 3 years ago. Now its a hamster maze with tools and equipment. I venture to guess that I have one of the best equipped shops in this industry. The building is purpose built with radiant floor heat, central air, and enough 3 phase power on tap to run just about anything. We have software, CNC's, and a full compliment of peripherals.

A good example:

Anyone that gets up at 0600 on a Sunday to chamber a barrel in his pj's and crocks is a bad ass.

It's a serious place with a demanding clientele. A clientele that will spend very good hard earned money to get what they want. It's my job to keep it that way so the level of expectation is high.

I have a two bedroom apartment that I keep for clients. Its furnished, clean, and has full amenities. If your hired and not from the immediate area its likely you'll need a roof over your head. You/family can stay there. NO pets however.

Assuming this works, you'll be on a 3 month probationary period where both of us get to see if its going to be a good mix. Your evaluating me as much as I am you. It's a two way street. The apartment will be offered to you rent free. (yes, RENT FREE) You just buy your food and don't destroy the place and were good.

If it all works out and we decide its a good fit for both of us, I'll evict you onto the street and you can go find your own little castle. :)

We take care of each other here and everyone (Kalli, John, myself) have a strong commitment towards ensuring this company is successful. It's a team atmosphere. Our successes are collective. Never forget that if your offered the position.

Resumes may be sent to the company email account in PDF format. If you hear from me, that's step one. If you don't, I appreciate the interest and thank you.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you. I may come back from time to time and revise/edit this post.

Chad

-Last. Ya' gotta like dogs. We have two mutts running around here. Both of the Shepherd Variety. (A King and German Shepherd) Hesco and FourSpeed are our kids and are here to stay. Both behave and neither have a mean bone in their bodies.

Bring jerky and they'll worship you.

Last edited:
    What an opportunity! Unfortunately I do not have ANY artistic/design talent or experience. Hope the hunt goes well, Chad.

Whoa! Did John sign off on getting his picture posted?

I stopped in there last week to pick up my rifle. LRI has a nice set up.

- Todd

Talked to John a few times, did not picture him in tactical cammo Crocks. Excellent opportunity for a youngster to pick up some trade skills that will last a lifetime.

Hired a young man this morning. Lynn is our new guy on the chopping block. His intro went well today. Hopefully it pans out.

Also spoke with a germ from VA and that went well too. We are hoping to pick him up in the next couple months as well.

It's growing, growing, growing.

I get the right guys in here and we'll get our build times down to the best in the industry. It'll happen, hopefully within the next year.

C.

Congrats, Chad; on both your business prognosis, and your current level of satisfaction. I hope (and trust) your plans get fulfilled in a positive manner.

Growth is harder than it first appears, and a lot of thriving businesses trip over it, so prepare for the issue in advance.

I hope you weather the transition well. As long as communication functions well going both ways, all should be good.

Greg

Recognizing that my race has already been run, and that whatever skills I may have once possessed would be woefully obsolete in today's world; I envy your new hire. Tends to make me wish I were single, and 40 years younger, so I might have another 20 good years left in my run. The prospect of having such an opportunity facing one is very tempting; in both your case and that of your newest.

Judging from your up front admonitions; whatever cost your experience, it came as a bargain. Given such opportunity, I'd like to say the same occurs to me, but in honestly, it really only comes after hearing it from you.

Keep on keepin' on...

Greg

Last edited:
    Talk about opportunities!!! I hope he understands how fortunate he is.

That's no kidding, first hand experience with someone willing to show you the little things that schools just don't do is priceless. I learned this as a mechanic, I was given the opportunity to work with some knowledgeable people when I started in the field rather than going to a school. Good luck to you and the new guy, hope it works out for both of you.