• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes POSITIVE Bushnell Customer support feedback.

6xcKY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2013
SE-KY
Far too many times, especially on the hide, you see people like ripping a company. Basically because the natural human instinct is to be quietly satisfied, but expressively unsatisfied. But I want to take an opportunity for the next person out there who decides to ask, "So, Bushnell, they worth a dime?"

I bought a Elite Tactical 4200 3-12x44m from Midwayusa, .1mil click value, illuminated recticle, on a close-out deal they had going on. It was a lot cheaper than what Bushnell advertised them to be, due to the close out on the model. This was about Mid-2010. Not long after my purchase, I started having trouble with the parallax. On full 12x, the crosshairs would almost disappear, go transparent, or would not be able to focus on. Once you went back down to like 8-9x, it looked perfect, nice dark lines.

I put up with this for a while, thought it was my eyes, got them checked. Turned out, I did have an astigmatism in both eyes, but even with corrected lenses, my issue was still there. Back a couple months ago, I started getting a new competition rifle built, and figured before it would be finished, I would try to get it fixed. Last month, my rifle was completed, and I sent in my scope to Bushnell last week.

They tested my scope this week, and determined the issue was unfixable and changed the status on the repair site to "Replacement unit needed". So I freak out, call, expecting I would have to spend tons of cash on a new glass. The lady I spoke with ended up making my experience a very enjoyable one. She notified me that it would be replaced completely, no problems at all, no expense to me. So while I was working with her, my coworker yelled and said to ask them what a upgrade would cost, because I have always wanted the tactical 6-24x model.

To my surprise, the lady said we still value your scope at $9xx.xx, and the scope you want to upgrade is still priced at $1,xxx.xx so with $10 shipping, I would come out ONLY paying $84 to upgrade to the higher magnification scope. And to boot, its also on express shipping back to me.

Now I am just a regular Joe, I dont pay tons of cash for quality glass like I should, because I cant. I am not sponsored by anyone, I have not done tons of business with Bushnell, and this was my first tactical style scope that has costed me over $100. Bushnell took the time to make sure even the little guys, like myself, was just as satisfied customers as the big boys.

So shout out to Bushnell, you guys have won a customer for a very long time.

I have to echo your statement about taking care of the little guy and winning a long term customer.
After running a 10x40 and a couple 6-24x50 4200 on 338 edge rifles I was pretty impressed, I bout a "new, old stock" 4200 6-24x50 of ebay that was definitely not new.
Six months later got it mounted and it had trouble tracking, sent it off making it clear it was purchased used and I would be happy to pay for repairs, even had to include my scope caps against there instruction as the only safe way to package it. They sent a new replacement wearing my caps for my discontinued scope about a weak later . Pretty damn impressed to be honest.

Postive experience also. When I received my XRS for the first time the turret lines were slightly off by enough to aggravate me so I called bushnell explained the problem and the CS rep was a match shooter which helped make things easy to explain. They emailed me a packing slick that day and received a new one in a week and a few days at no cost to me.... Most companies I've dealt with make you pay shipping to return.

Last edited: