• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Possible Arca riser for spotting scope?

The Durk

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Hey guys,

I just got a new spotting scope that's a straight body, and I realized now my tripod is about 4 inches too short for my height (damn my 6'2" @SS.) Is there any arca swiss risers out there that would bump my spotting scope up another 3-4"? I really don't want to sell my RRS 34 for a 34L. I also really don't want to buy a ball turret to do the same thing, but that might end up being what I get. I'm currently using a leveling base on my RRS 34.

I might go with a cheapish ball head. I don't need a top notch one for holding a spotter still.

I might go with a cheapish ball head. I don't need a top notch one for holding a spotter still.

You could stack some rrs adapters or use the NV riser Or run a bh55

20210501_191100.jpg

Reactions: The Durk
Searched bhphoto for tripod riser, then filtered by the word “riser”. There’s more than this on the site, I know for a fact. I’ll leave the digging up to you.