• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Possible matches in Abilene,Texas area?

downhill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2010
Texas
Guys not real sure if this is the right place to post this. As the High Power Service Rifle Director at the Abilene Gun Club I have shooters showing a lot of interest in shooting scoped tactical at 500+yds. Our range is limited to 200yds(OK for reduced course service rifle but not challenging for a scoped weapon). I was wondering if anyone knew of a location in this area that could be periodically leased for long range matches.Just a heads up we have guys that shoot at TacPro and Tiger Valley, I'm wanting to set up something a little closer.

Re: Possible matches in Abilene,Texas area?

Downhill,
I hope I am not out of place here discussing use of a range owned by someone else.There is a range that goes to 1000 yds in your area between Robert Lee and Water valley.We shoot matches from 400 to 1000 yds but they are benchrest matches.Our next match is on October,15 and will involve an NBRSA 1000 yd heavy and light gun match on Thursday and Friday with a 400 yd clay pidgeon match on Saturday.Tad does so much work running the existing matches that he may not be interested working on putting on tactical matches,but I know your guys would be welcomed at the existing matches.You can get an idea of what we do by visiting the Texas Benchrest website.

Perhaps since you are talking about leasing a range for tactical matches,he might discuss that if liability and safety issues can be worked out as it is a private range.Contact directions are given on the website under the Emert ranch range. Texas Benchrest
Darrel Martin

Re: Possible matches in Abilene,Texas area?

I would be in on something in Abilene or Mingus as soon as I get my gun back...Jim