• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible powder supply problems incoming?

One shop close to me has quite a bit of powder recently. Another one an hour or so away has even more.

I've even found primers, although they were $10 a hundred.

Reactions: 338dude
even scarier the Us government is buying reloading supplies by the rail car full I want a rail car full of reloading supplies dam it must be nice to have an endless supply of disposable cash .

Didn't Hodgdon just put on a press release that they were going to be caught back up and expect powder supplies to improve? I don't know, I dont follow too much, powder has been easy for me to find. Its right in the cabinet where I put it.

I remember about two years ago when you would go to powdervalley or midsouth and click the button to show in stock powder and there would be maybe 5 or 6 types of pretty undesirable stuff in stock.

Lately there have been 5-6 pages of in stock powder. 4350, Varget, VV powders, ect all seem to come in stock with some regularity, but are also costing $100-150 what we were paying 5 years ago for an 8 lbs jug. With inflation, I don't see then prices coming down anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 338dude
IMR4895 and 8208XBR

Granted Sunday was the first time I looked in a long time and I only checked Powder Valley but where can I get 8 pounds of each without having to bleed from the ass?

Local shop has tons of powder and it's not moving. Which is a good sign I guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️

This is just one shelf... There are several shelves with jugs just stacked on each other. And at prices cheaper than Powder Valley.

1000008939.jpg

H 4350 and Varget is on the store shelves in my are although not much ,but there seems to be a lot of VV powders available now
If you see any N560 somewhere HMU. That's what I'm looking for specifically for my 338LM. Every site I looked at last was empty. Been a couple months so I'll check around again.

If you see any N560 somewhere HMU. That's what I'm looking for specifically for my 338LM. Every site I looked at last was empty. Been a couple months so I'll check around again.
Lots of N560 available.

My local store also has hundreds of pounds of it not moving.

even scarier the Us government is buying reloading supplies by the rail car full I want a rail car full of reloading supplies dam it must be nice to have an endless supply of disposable cash .
There buying it with your money....!

Reactions: XP1K
Either way, buy as much of it as you can while you can.

Good sign: powdervalley had 8lbs and 1lbs of varget for over 3 days straight.

Who know what the future holds. Maybe $189 8 pounders or maybe $ 500 1 pounders???

AJ was right

Didn't Hodgdon just put on a press release that they were going to be caught back up and expect powder supplies to improve? I don't know, I dont follow too much, powder has been easy for me to find. Its right in the cabinet where I put it.
Bull crap, people will just hoard more