• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible that Chavez may be about to check out?

Re: Possible that Chavez may be about to check out?

I think he's been on the fence for a few years. I've seen less and less of him the sicker he gets. Either way, it's just a matter of time.

As one that could never find the time to care one way or the other about what is going on in the life and times of Who_Lee_Oh and 'his people' - tell me why I should care if he is close to checking out?

Do I as an American get cheaper oil if he dies sooner rather than later?

Is the next guy in line behind Who_Lee_Oh an even bigger fan of America?

Are 'his people' on the precipice of a refreshing kool aid moment, or are they going to be liberated?

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As one that could never find the time to care one way or the other about what is going on in the life and times of Who_Lee_Oh and 'his people' - tell me why I should care if he is close to checking out?

Do I as an American get cheaper oil if he dies sooner rather than later?

Is the next guy in line behind Who_Lee_Oh an even bigger fan of America?

Are 'his people' on the precipice of a refreshing kool aid moment, or are they going to be liberated?
Good luck </div></div>

Who can say? It truly is a third world conundrum wherein an oligarchical state falls to their enemy who erects his own oligarchical structure: Friends and Family!

The best con artists are those who can at least offer something tangible to those who help keep them in power. My brother lived in Venezuela for 6 years during the '90s'. He was always amazed that the place wasn't in full on revolution since the poverty is so vast and the resources of the country are hardly sparse.

Just the nature of cleptocracy I guess: A rising tide only swamps my palace and allows the rabble to float over my walls...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The best con artists are those who can at least offer something tangible to those who help keep them in power.
</div></div>

Chavez is or at least was on TV/Radio daily I don't know what he really gave to his people other than words but living in a country where Bolivar is worshiped, you really wouldn't have to give them anything. We on the other hand don't have that ingrained Bolivar ideology so I think people here in the US require payoffs. Cough cough food stamps cough cough