• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible to tune a user adj X-Mark Pro?

ISUSteve

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
When I've seen this asked, they always point to adjusting the older style trigger. Has anyone tried to actually tune the user adjustable X-Mark Pro trigger and what were your results?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Possible to tune a user adj X-Mark Pro?

The external adjustable. Mine is down all the way, but still around 3 pounds.

I belive the xmarks had a problem with consistancy, one day 2.5, next week 8. Not sure if the newer model will be better, I just told my smith to swap mine out with an old grooved shoe remington. Had to convince him since he liked the preset 3lbs out of the box.

Bear that in mind if you look to an aftermarket....the old style rems can be had for around $50. The 3lbs is probably the lawyer limit.

Where can I find an older one around that price? Will I have to worry about the safety and bolt release working?

Check the for sale thread here on the hide. You want a trigger with saftey if you can. The xmark saftey will not transfer to the old style. If none are with saftey, rifle basix makes a saftey kit.