• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Post a pic of your EDC knife under $200

20130320_210351_zps09b26ce6.jpg

Emerson Super CQC 7

I just picked up this Spyderco Paramilitary a few weeks ago and I am digging it pretty well so far.
spyderco paramilitary.jpg

Had an Emerson Horseman that was my favorite everyday carry. It got lost from leaving it on my tailgate and I picked up this Journeyman....no plain blade horseman in stock anywhere at the time

Attachments

• zemerson.jpg
    zemerson.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 26
I prefer larger EDC's b/c I'm a bigger guy, but I do carry my 707 quite a bit too:

dsc0290ut.jpg

308zded.jpg

I love the HEST. It's a strong, sharp D2 blade with a window punch and wirestrippers conveniently placed. I only wish it weighed a couple ounces less, but you can't have everything, right?

Attachments

• hest-folder1.jpg
    hest-folder1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
I like to keep my EDC small and simple. Schrade Old Timer 340T, SAK Cadet, Kershaw Skyline, or Spyderco Delica 4....Got alot of other knives but I have gone away from EDCing larger knives...

Last edited:
If I'm not going to a government building (where blades aren't allowed), you'll find that HEST in my back pocket. You're welcome to come frisk me... ;)

The Zero Tolerance 350TS knife is a great knife. It's what I carry everyday now.

ZT 0561 for me.

Awesome knife. Best thing is the pocket clip allows the knife to sit deep in the pocket, plus it's not that heavy for how large it is. I also have a ZT 0300 and can't EDC it because of the weight and pocket clip design.

Here are mine. BM551 Griptilian, BM810 Contego, ESEE 4.

I usually carry the Contego, but the other two are in the mix depending on my clothing and where I may be going.

knifetrio1_zps69097d64.jpg

Lately I've been carrying a Benchmade 581 Barrage and really like it. No pic of it at the moment though.

I'm also partial to my Spyderco Delica Wave though too:

SSCN3947.jpg

ZT 561 here. It's massive for edc but surprisingly light and I like a large multi role knife on me. The benchmade adamas is a comparable knife (size and use wise) for about a hundred bucks less. Have carried benchmade 950 rift and 940 Osborne, both well under $200 and fine knives. The 940 is a very light, sleek, edc yet has enough blade and handle for some harder use. Benchmades quality control is just a bit spotty, but their customer service will take care of anything you're not satisfied with. Haven't had to use ZT customer service yet but I hear it's excellent.

I typically carry a gerber combat folder or a browning black label tactical fixed blade. Yesterday at Walmart I scooped up this Kenshaw. I'm very pleased, its smaller than the knifes I normally carry, nice blade, textured grips, & assisted opening all for under $30. I don't know how long it'll last but I'm pleased so far.

Here's my EDCs together.

XDS in a Cook's iwb kydex & the Kenshaw.

2v91xfq.jpg

I have carried CRKTs for years they aren't horribly expensive and have held up quite well. I have a Kershaw that isn't bad but the CRKTs are definitely my goto EDC blades.

Sent from my iPad autocorrect at your own risk.

CRKT M16-13Z has been my main pocketknife for four years or so, but it is getting old, so I just ordered an Ontario RAT-1 because I have only heard good things about them. Also looked at the Spyderco Resilience, but it seemed like a lot of knife for regular work.

1365137108_zps5af45cac.jpg

Here is a standard Internet picture.

Last edited:
I tend to lean toward the bigger knives, like someone else mentioned above. Here is my own edc knife, the CRKT M21-04G, pictured with my edc 1911.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
Al mar

My edc for the last couple years has been an al mar sere full size. Think I paid around $215 for it. Changed from benchmade griptillion and kershaws. The action is so smooth and fast blade holds an edge for a really long time and it gets used a lot on the job. Only thing I miss on the bench made is the locking system i prefer the release of the bemchmade over the liner lock but its only the idea of having to put my fingers where the blade is going to release it.

Attachments

• SERE-2000.jpg
    SERE-2000.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 16
I have the 0561 and love it. It has a lot better feel than the 0300 or 0350 due to a narrower profile. The scales give you great grip, and its a beast of knife, no blade play at all. The downsides: Its huge; The frame lock is so stiff you'll need two hands to unlock it sometimes, theres a trick, but thats for another day; Its a fair sight above that $200 ceiling you initially put in. Hope this helps.

SOG mint tac auto. Great little knife. Small, lightweight and has an outstanding pocket clip: carries very low in the pocket.

same here, and the hair shorter tanto version :)

CRKT M16-13Z has been my main pocketknife for four years or so, but it is getting old, so I just ordered an Ontario RAT-1 because I have only heard good things about them. Also looked at the Spyderco Resilience, but it seemed like a lot of knife for regular work.

1365137108_zps5af45cac.jpg

Here is a standard Internet picture.

My current is an Al Mar Mini SERE 2000.

Great EDC. Can be had for just at $200, perhaps a little under.