• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post Exchange notifications for iPhone?

Hog-City

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
Hello - I’ve been a member for a few years, but new to the app. I like the post exchange and always amazed at what gets traded/bought/sold. I’ve added the post exchange to my “watch” list and have notifications turned on on my phone (iPhone 11 pro), but I get no notifications when new posts are made. However my buddy with an iPhone gets a notification with every post. Any suggestions to get a notification when stuff gets posted?

The PX isn’t intended to be part of the app.

You’ll only see PX alerts when you log in to the site through a browser.

The PX isn’t intended to be part of the app.

You’ll only see PX alerts when you log in to the site through a browser.
Thanks for the feedback. The interesting thing is my buddy gets a push notification on his phone every time a PX item gets posted. Maybe he’s getting those notifications through his browser? But the notifications look just like the app notifications. All the settings look the same on his phone compared to mine.

I use Brave Browser on my phone and the first time I logged into the Hide, it asked if I wanted to enable push notifications.

I’m guessing that’s how he’s doing it.

I don’t think you can even access the PX through the app.

Reactions: Hog-City
You most definitely can access the PX in the app. Screen shot of the PX in the app on an iPhone 13 pro max.

9764E7B3-C89B-4E14-8C24-F33FA6D95261.png

I can access the PX through the app, but how in the heck can I get notifications set up for new posts with an iPhone?!? I know it can be done, I’ve watched the PX notifications come into my buddy’s iPhone first hand.

If anyone knows what magic setting to change to let this happen, let me know!

When it was first launched. They needed to get it through the app approval with Apple. Those sections came online like a month after launch.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try the “email” option and see if that changes anything. @JimmyJr do you get a notification on your phone when something new is posted in the PX? If so, I’m curious if you’re getting the notification through the app, or simply a notification that you got a new SH email message.