• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post-Liberty Optics-- Who is the vortex hook up now?

pnorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
I bought a bunch of stuff from Liberty in the past. Unfortunately, due to their demise I am now looking for the best Vortex prices elsewhere. Where are you going? B&H Photo is not too bad, however, I have not seen anyone that could match Liberty yet.

For vets who provide credentials eurooptic.com gives 45%

Some years in the spring there is a period where they give 55%. And they have most stuff in stock with same day shipping.

I think this makes them 100x better than fly by night liberty.

Not a vet, but thanks. I have bought plenty of stuff from Eurooptic. Any other thoughts other than the PX.

Good luck. Liberty was selling Vortex at or below cost of most retailers. Including some fairly large account retailers. I'm still confused to how Liberty made any money selling Vortex unless he had some super seller deal with them or was relying on the Vortex points system to make a minimum of profits.

Good luck. Liberty was selling Vortex at or below cost of most retailers. Including some fairly large account retailers. I'm still confused to how Liberty made any money selling Vortex unless he had some super seller deal with them or was relying on the Vortex points system to make a minimum of profits.

This. He was making 10s of dollars per scope out of his garage, mainly drop shipping.

There's a reason he disappeared.

Just to be clear this is a Vortex discount. As I understand it Vortex provides the discount and depends on EuroOptic to verify the credentials.
I went through the verification at EuroOptic and it was easy and timely.

Now all I need is for Vortex to make something that I want. :)

-Stan

I've few complaints with the gen II or III rifle scopes. The binoculars I have seem great at the price.

I get it if all your rifles wear S&B that's great. But someday if you add a rifle and your budget for glass is closer to 2k than 4. Well then welcome to the Vortex fan club.

Reactions: 308pirate
The reasons his prices were what they were is the same reason he ghosted everyone with their money. Fuck around with dealers like that and find out.
They knew he what he was selling scopes at. And it had been going on for quite some time. I'm certain other dealers complained as well.

I've few complaints with the gen II or III rifle scopes. The binoculars I have seem great at the price.

I get it if all your rifles wear S&B that's great. But someday if you add a rifle and your budget for glass is closer to 2k than 4. Well then welcome to the Vortex fan club.
Vortex has all of my respect.

Unfortunately, their reticles don’t work well with my eyes.

-Stan

I doubt anyone will get you the deals you got there. Sucks because I wanted to pick up a Steiner from him, been trying to get signed up for ExpertVoice but they’ve been a pain.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Liberty in the past. Unfortunately, due to their demise I am now looking for the best Vortex prices elsewhere. Where are you going? B&H Photo is not too bad, however, I have not seen anyone that could match Liberty yet.

Funny, I was just moving a box with a Liberty Optics shipping label on it a few minutes ago...

Scott was pretty much selling vortex at the LE/Mil/Vet/first responder price to everyone with the added bonus of no sales tax. I have not found anyone else who is selling at those prices to the general public, but I haven't really gone searching very hard either.

Expert Voice and Euro Optic both give very good prices on vortex and several other brands to LE/Mil/Vet/first responders, with the best extra discount pricing usually being around veterans day, memorial day, July 4th, and black Friday, but sometimes you'll see extra discounts for a few days at random times throughout the year.

My preference is to buy from Euro Optic instead of expert voice because they're much easier to deal with if there's an issue with the order or items, they know the product, and they typically have the items in stock for immediate shipment whereas Expert Voice drop ships from Vortex and other manufacturers and sometimes there are delays.

Last edited:
All you have to do is wait. A few times a year vortex will do a 50 or 55% off discount for vets/leo along with a 50% or so discount for PRS shooters through some vendors. Just have to wait for the next sale if you want the best price.

Or you could get a 30% MAP EO cert for like 50 or 100 bucks and that will drop the price to $2100 for a new g3. Or buy a used one off here for 2100-2200. Any more than that and the seller is ripping you off.

Reactions: diverdon
Sometimes ExpertVoice still works for decent discounts sometimes during the year.

There are a couple other sellers here that stock vortex and are historically more expensive than Scott was but you might be able to talk to them and see if they can do you a deal on one as it's kind of up to them how much profit they want to keep vs give up. Also at least one of them doesn't collect sales tax for a lot of states so that can make a decent difference in the total cost.

Reactions: Im2bent
For vets who provide credentials eurooptic.com gives 45%

Some years in the spring there is a period where they give 55%. And they have most stuff in stock with same day shipping.

I think this makes them 100x better than fly by night liberty.
Not just a vet. You just need a .mil email

We provide various brands and a long time supporter of the hide. We are also not a fly by night company racing to the bottom to sell stuff at our dealers cost for clout. :cool:

40% off MSRP...and sometime i can get you a better deal😉 just shoot me a message!

Connor
I just bought another scope from EO and have a CZ Bren Carbine in backorder as well. As such, you guys are good at taking my money :)

Happy to quote folks. I sure can't compete with selling below cost to butter up customers and make out with a fat wad of cash...but I can combo mounts/rings/caps/levels, etc and do my best to make a happy customer :)