• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post Range Reports HERE!

Re: Post Range Reports HERE!

This is a three shot group, irons, bench/bags at 100. Its right at 1 moa.

Springfield Armory US Rifle M1 Garand National Match
2efrdra.jpg

I'm sorry about the light glare. The aiming point is a plastic vinyl sticker happened to be in my range bad and it was handy that day I needed a good contrasting ap.

I took three rifles to field today. I don't have much of a reprot, as I am in uncharted territory when it comes to shooting high power off-hand. I did not fair to well with the M1 Garand, but one of my 1903's faired a little better... Nevertheless, I had fun on a glorious day in the shade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJeqbYtJCM

Hope these belong in here. They are not "sniper" rifles themselves, although there have been sniper rifles made from these rifles.

First up, my CMP 1903A3
1020071129a.jpg

Range was 100yds, padded rest, open sights.
150BTSP1903A310-24-2004.jpg

Next up, my K98 Mauser.
1020071147.jpg

Same set up as before. These are two 5-shot groups, adjusting for elevation.
8mmMauser-1.jpg

My Swiss K31
1020071214a.jpg

Same set up. This rifle is a laser! Ignore the flyer!!
1023001512.jpg

M1 Garand, Born on Date Aug 1941.

8 round clip fires prone rapid fire, (legal CMP position)

Guess it could use a come up and come right a click each.

DCM%20M1.jpg

M1%20Target.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diver9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lets see how these old rifles can shoot scoped or not! </div></div>
I was the match director at a 3x600 yd. midrange prone match in Michigan last Sunday and I watched a very good shooter sling up with a '03 Springfield with the 8x Unertl scope mounted on it and commence to shoot a 196-7x. That is using a sling no sandbags. I think he has his rifle dialed in.

Bob L.