• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post shoot after action

It looks like the murderer is UNarmed, and perhaps a fellow worker or employee of the victim? Had the victim not been killed and instead landed a shot or more on the thief before the guy drove away- he may have been charged by LE, assuming the murdering thief was unarmed. What a clusterfuck.

Reactions: BCP
At least the police were not involved or nearby.

Need the back story. Assuming flying man is no longer with us, I think this is a situation that called for a base level of proficiency to get actual rounds on target. And then he would have been in the judged by 12 rather than carried by 6 class.

What state did that happen in? There might be a few states that allow the use of deadly force against what looks like an unarmed car thief.

Why are people recording instead of dialing 911, considering shots have been fired in broad daylight in front of the McDonald's on mainstream USA

I don’t want to speak ill of the dead but this should motivate everyone here to not skip cardio day.

Reactions: stevieb92 and Pbgt
Dude ain't john wick, what's that shooting method? Pot shots? Once you pull the trigger, might as well commit. No reason not to get the support hand up there and place your well aimed shots into the perp. If you're in the wrong, you get judged the same whether you send 1 or all the shots.

On a side note, if someone is stealing my truck, and none of my family is in it, i'm not going to shoot to protect property. But if my kids are in there, i'm going to making as many holes as I can for all the stupid to run out of you. Most states you can't use lethal force to protect property. If there was anything on that work truck that was worth using lethal force to protect, they wouldn't send John Wicks brother Ham Wick to protect it.

Sucks to be that guy, but don't half assed anything in life. If you're going to shoot someone, shoot them a lot. And don't stand in the fucking middle of the road/parking lot.

Branden

Why are people recording instead of dialing 911, considering shots have been fired in broad daylight in front of the McDonald's on mainstream USA
30 people calling 911 doesn't make 'em come any quicker. If i'm near something and there's something going on, and i'm with others, i'm going to call 911, and everyone else is likely going to record. Easier to remember what happened when theres video of it.

Branden

Dude ain't john wick, what's that shooting method? Pot shots? Once you pull the trigger, might as well commit. No reason not to get the support hand up there and place your well aimed shots into the perp. If you're in the wrong, you get judged the same whether you send 1 or all the shots.

On a side note, if someone is stealing my truck, and none of my family is in it, i'm not going to shoot to protect property. But if my kids are in there, i'm going to making as many holes as I can for all the stupid to run out of you. Most states you can't use lethal force to protect property. If there was anything on that work truck that was worth using lethal force to protect, they wouldn't send John Wicks brother Ham Wick to protect it.

Sucks to be that guy, but don't half assed anything in life. If you're going to shoot someone, shoot them a lot. And don't stand in the fucking middle of the road/parking lot.

Branden
Seems like that was the guy who everyone speaks about who can't hit the side of a barn while standing in the barn, we all make choices in life so .......

That doesn't look like a carjacking, notice the other car and people all hanging out in the middle of the road like it was an accident or a fight that went sideways.

NVM he stole one car, they tried to block him in, he stole the work truck and ran the guy over:

Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice.

FAST.

You owe it to yourself as a Firearm Carrier to be deadly, especially at that range.

At that range? Its mag dump (ok maybe not a mag dump, but I'm guessing most proficient people get off 5-6 before they can even assess if the perp is down.)

(and even when I was fat as fuck, I could empty a pistol at seven yards and go 20/20 rounds on a 8 inch steel plate as fast as I could pull the trigger).

Reactions: stevieb92
Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice.

FAST.

You owe it to yourself as a Firearm Carrier to be deadly, especially at that range.

At that range? Its mag dump (ok maybe not a mag dump, but I'm guessing most proficient people get off 5-6 before they can even assess if the perp is down.)

(and even when I was fat as fuck, I could empty a pistol at seven yards and go 20/20 rounds on a 8 inch steel plate as fast as I could pull the trigger).

He was probably scared, unsure of what to do and didn't think the guy was going to get in the truck while a gun was pointed at him.

Training is what makes this better.

Training to be better with your CC weapon.
Training to not be a fat ass and be able to run when you need to. Cardio is pretty important in combat.
Training to decide when to use that CC weapon and when to be a good witness.

He was well intentioned, but wasn't remotely ready for any type of combat situation (I'm defining combat pretty generally. You attempt to thwart criminal or bad activity, you're in combat at that point. Just a matter of the level after that.)

As far as the legalities, it was NC which allows you to defend yourself in your home, vehicle, or workplace without retreating. Generally means you'd need to be in the car if it was being stolen. I believe they also have a clause in which you have to deescalate the situation when the villain retreats or stops the use of force that triggered your use of deadly force.

However, if (he was alive) he can articulate that based on the behavior exhibited by the car thief that he felt he or others were in danger of serious injury or death once the got the vehicle.....then the shooting would likely be justified.

This is where training also helps. Learn the laws of the state/s where you may use your CC weapon. It appears the good samaritan stopped shooting once the vehicle was reversing. So it's possible that he realized he should stop once the thief is retreating.

However, that would create a problem for his articulation of using deadly force. If he felt the thief was a danger to himself or others if he gets in the vehicle, that danger doesn't decrease when he reverses, it increases as he's now in control of a very large weapon.

So, without being right there on the ground, I would say the Good Samaritan thought he could use deadly force regardless if he was in the vehicle or not, and that he had to stop when the thief retreated......or, he didn't know anything at all, and found himself firing shots before he realized what he was doing and then stopped.

Either way, from just the video alone......there appears to be a very large lack of training/preparedness on the part of the deceased. Hopefully a lesson learned for anyone watching the video.

His mistake was either when he decided to use his weapon, or when he stopped using. Depending the exact situation and his state of mind. We'll never actually know. So the best we can do is look at each side for learning. He should have:

- not gotten involved at all and been a good witness
- gotten involved, but once he couldn't keep the guy out of a vehicle, stop.
- gotten involved and once he made the decision to use deadly force, committed to using it properly to stop the threat.

He appears to have used the worst parts of those options.

Always has to be a screeching woman in the background of every one of these videos.

Read the story. Didn't see anything about the suspect having any gunshot wounds. That boggles my mind about the number of near point blank misses.

Last edited:
Please discuss how this could have been better.

"How this could have been better?"
How about the people that we hire/elect keep the scum of society locked up behind bars where they belong.
That doesn't fit the agenda or get them reelected to live off of the taxpayers.

Always has to be a screeching woman in the background of every one of these videos.

Read the story. Didn't see anything about the suspect having an6 gunshot wounds. That boggles my mind about the number of near point blank misses.
That's because the guy got his training from the FBI agents in the Miami-Dade shoot out where a fed emptied 2 double stack mags of 9 mm and never got a single hit on target. That was when the FBI decided to change to 10 mm. Because they are idiots thinking that the round was too light. No, the agent was too light on training.

Talk about people who could throw their hat at the ground.

And miss.

Reactions: st1650 and TACC
I don't understand why he repeatedly discharges his firearm and then just stands there waiting, while the guy is backing the truck up.

Move, or do something other than stand and wait. Move to hard cover? Move to the inside of a nearby building?

Reactions: Ronws
Running away in a straight line . . . when there are cars, trees, building, or ole?

Too much scan and assess while still on the X.

He had the gun out at the start of the video. Its out, half assed hip fire aimed in, then its pointed at the ground, then he appears surprised by the perp at the drivers door with it in hand. Seems non committed thru all of this.

RIP

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC
1. Who the fuck misses from 5 fucking feet?

2. Was it his personal work truck? If it was a company truck why fight over it?

3. Why was he out of it in the first place?

Without details or context this just looks like another day in Bidens America.
More like who misses at 2'.

Reactions: TACC and mtrmn
I didn't go back and watch it again, but if I'm not mistaken he actually had the gun stuck inside the truck for 1 shot while the perp was in the drivers seat. HOW does one miss with the gun stuck in the perp's face or side?

He could’ve hit the thief with every shot. That’s just how effective pistols are….

Please discuss how this could have been better.

Well it looks like the driver/ worker noticed the car jacker coming around the other side of the truck to get to the driver's side. So he should of secured the truck or at least the keys which I assume were inside the truck. He had open air shots and waited until the guy was behind cover. If you feel threatened then know when to shoot. If you are going to carry a lethal weapon then you have to have it already set in your mind when you are going to shoot. Like Infinity said the shooter seemed non committed. It's pretty obvious the guy didn't know how to shoot. He was more throwing rounds down range like old cowboy movies rather than aiming. I can't even say he was point shooting. And lastly situational awareness. The deceased didn't even watch the threat as he backed down the road in his truck. Instead he spent his time pulling up his pants and looking at the other guy there. Head on a swivel and watch the threat. I'm sure there is other things we could say, hard to get all the information off that video. It's possible the shooter wasn't really sure about dropping the car jacker. If that's true he would have been better off carrying a taser.

Definitely a pepper spray kinda guy

TLDR, the railroad commission needs more effective handgun training. We can't have their guys shooting rounds and missing the ground while aiming at the ground, so to speak.

Dude in High-Vis Vest - Jonathan Adam Lecompte, 38
  • Good Samaritan Intervened in Car-Jacking
  • Killed with Own Truck
  • Pronounced Dead at Hospital

Dude Driving Truck - Ricky Alex Driggers, 28
  • hit-and-run in the parking lot of Go Gas
  • trying to carjack a second vehicle
  • Lecompte and others intervened
  • stole Lecompte's truck
  • murdered Lecompte with Lecompte's truck
  • responding officers saw Driggers fleeing in the stolen truck
  • charged with first-degree murder, two counts of attempted common law robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle, and felony fleeing to elude
  • held without bond

Reactions: Ronws
  • Killed with Own Truck

• stole Lecompte's truck
  • charged with first-degree murder, two counts of attempted common law robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle, and felony fleeing to elude
  • held without bond
Un prejunta, which is Spanish for "un prejunta," who found out this information? Possibly to seek justice against the "alleged carjacker / murderer."

That's hard not to laugh at. Like cmon.... Darwin all around here boys.

Morbidly obese worker who looks like he never held a gun in his life misses from point blank range. And instead of clearing out of street, plants his ass there so he can lose a game of frogger. Plus its a work truck... who gives a shit if some retard steals it. Company problems. Not worth dying over. And now watch his life insurance get denied over some clause like carrying a gun or putting himself into a dangerous situation he could have avoided.

You have to be a real company man to die for them.

• Killed with Own Truck

• stole Lecompte's truck
  • held without bond
Well that's fucked. I still say he needed a certain level of proficiency, but damn it if this didn't end up being one of those no good deed goes unpunished situations.

Un prejunta, which is Spanish for "un prejunta," who found out this information? Possibly to seek justice against the "alleged carjacker / murderer."
somebody on calguns posted it, prolly from some news site.

The deceased Mr. Lecompte, didn’t grab his cellphone and video tape events, he choose to become an active participant attempting to deter a criminal in the progress of creating mayhem. I don’t know what his background is or anything about him other than the video and some media news being posted. He tried and failed, it cost him his life, I’m
not going to ridicule or judge his actions, may God have mercy on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmmoFort
The deceased Mr. Lecompte, didn’t grab his cellphone and video tape events, he choose to become an active participant attempting to deter a criminal in the progress of creating mayhem. I don’t know what his background is or anything about him other than the video and some media news being posted. He tried and failed, it cost him his life, I’m
not going to ridicule or judge his actions, may God have mercy for him.
I agree.

And for others I would ask how did the news agency get the information about him and the carjacker? Did they get it from the Crips or Bloods? Or irish mob? Mafia? Local drug kingpin? One of the cartels?

How did that information get to the news agency.

That's hard not to laugh at. Like cmon.... Darwin all around here boys.

Morbidly obese worker who looks like he never held a gun in his life misses from point blank range. And instead of clearing out of street, plants his ass there so he can lose a game of frogger. Plus its a work truck... who gives a shit if some retard steals it. Company problems. Not worth dying over. And now watch his life insurance get denied over some clause like carrying a gun or putting himself into a dangerous situation he could have avoided.

You have to be a real company man to die for them.

It does not appear his spirit was up to the task at hand and the perp called his bluff while approaching the truck door. Every time he shoots he withdraws the pistol as if he is undecided to send it each time.

Poor guy trying to do the right thing. Just not prepared to take a life or committed to the fight.

There are probably innumerable phat men that can shoot quite well. Better than you even?