• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Post shot show thermal discount

Jip4012

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2020
E NC
Are there typically significant discounts on previous year inventory following shot show, or just deals available on used models of people looking to upgrade?

What we are seeing is that with all the backorders in Thermal the past couple of years the reality is in house back orders with mfg's are being canceled and we are being contacted to replace those orders with backorders for the newer replacement version. There's no excess inventory sitting around as in years past

Well that’s not cool. I’m ready to pull the trigger on a new thermal but figured I’d wait til Shot Show for either new tech or a good deal on an older model.

Reactions: Jip4012
And keep in mind that just cause you see something on someone's blog that's a new product, doesn't mean it will actually be AVAILABLE any time soon. I've had calls when out at the show from guys asking "do you have the new X17whateverthehell in stock?" My reply- the one that was literally just announced today at Shot that they said would begin shipping in Q4?

And I can't remember a NEW product ever shipping at the correct time the manufacturer ever said it would. I usually have some fun with that, a rep tells me "we will begin shipping these in June.." and I say "so October?" and most will usually laugh and say "yeah that's probably more correct."
That disconnect is often missed by retail customers that think since "Joe Schmoe's blog" showed it, it must be ready to ship to them. Or worse yet, some internet site lists them for sale (taking money upfront for something that isn't even in production yet), even though it will be 4-8 months before they get their first ones.

I guess I'm saying, don't neglect the 4-6 month lag time between seeing something "new" introduced at Shot and being able to actually get your hands on one. :)

Oh yeah, I get that. It’s more of deciding whether whatever new tech is worth waiting for. I’ve been waiting to get a Bering LRF but giving up on that. Think I’m going to snag a current model unless there is something at Shot worth waiting for.

Reactions: Jip4012