• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Post your 1-4 Power Optic TTS Pics

Carlos0311B4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2007
Arizona
I was mainly looking for through the scope pics of the 1-4 NSX with FC-2 Reticle.

If you guys can post any 1-4 or low power optic tts pics that would be great.

If this topic has been covered sorry. Search Fu not so great today
grin.gif

Re: Post your 1-4 Power Optic TTS Pics

Those NF 1x4s are nice - they are backordered from what I understand (at least w/ZS and MOA). The FC-2 looks like a GREAT reticle for that scope. I would like to see some feedback on how they range at longer ranges ...

The NF 2.5x10 is in stock a few locations and the NP-1 (as shown above) or one of the newer Velocity (probably medium for a 223) reticles may be best for it .... but it does not have the exact same purpose as the 1x4. Must admit the 1x4 for CQB looks like a winner ...

Hi Doc,

I've got both.The 1-4 FC2 and the 2.5-10 low velocity reticle.

If you plan on shooting on average out to 300Y and "mostly CQB" the 1-4 is IMO better suited.If you plan on shooting out to 600Y or more than 600Y then the dot on the FC2 reticle gets too large for precision shots and covers up the target.

The 2.5-10 is a better scope if you want to shoot long range primarily and some close in shooting.If you combine the 2.5-10 with a secondary red dot then you have all the bases covered.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Doc,

If you plan on shooting on average out to 300Y and "mostly CQB" the 1-4 is IMO better suited.If you plan on shooting out to 600Y or more than 600Y then the dot on the FC2 reticle gets too large for precision shots and covers up the target.

The 2.5-10 is a better scope if you want to shoot long range primarily and some close in shooting.If you combine the 2.5-10 with a secondary red dot then you have all the bases covered.

Steve

</div></div>Thanks Steve. I am pricing out the 2.5x10s now.

I have the 1-4 FC2 on my AR15 and the 2.5-10 mildot on my LR-308. Perfect for the shooting capabilities of each platform!

CGoodwin, Can you post some TTS pics of the 1-4 in one and four power?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Doc,

Steve

</div></div>
You got that right. Im going to have to put mine up for sale though. I put a 2.5-10 with a NP/R2 reticle and Zero Stop in a Larue SPR mount with a Trijicon red dot mounted on top. Its the ultimate combo for a Recce or AR10. Im switching my weapons roles and it going to get a Specter DR 1x/4x.
IMG_5568.jpg

Steve

</div></div>

True, I what something thats going on a M4 though. M68 work great for close in say 0-150. I didn't like it so much in Afghanistan or during Qualification so I switched to an ACOG. It worked great in Af. and Qual but eye relief sucks (for me) and it was not as fast as I thought in CQB....So going to try a 1-4 see how that works. I just can't deside which one. I found a good starting poing tough in ar15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=421244&page=5

So far what I'm loking for:
1-4 power or so.
Lit. Ret.
Prefer under 10" long
Caped Turets
Don't really care for BDC ret. (Over 500m call 155s
grin.gif
)
Would like it to be as durable as an ACOG and M68 (The ones I had took a beating and did not faild) I do like that!!!!!

I'm leaning to USO and NSX as 1st choice, Accupoint or the new SS as 2nd?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Doc,

Steve

</div></div>

True, I what something thats going on a M4 though. M68 work great for close in say 0-150. I didn't like it so much in Afghanistan or during Qualification so I switched to an ACOG. It worked great in Af. and Qual but eye relief sucks (for me) and it was not as fast as I thought in CQB....So going to try a 1-4 see how that works. I just can't deside which one. I found a good starting poing tough in ar15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=421244&page=5

So far what I'm loking for:
1-4 power or so.
Lit. Ret.
Prefer under 10" long
Caped Turets
Don't really care for BDC ret. (Over 500m call 155s
grin.gif
)
Would like it to be as durable as an ACOG and M68 (The ones I had took a beating and did not faild) I do like that!!!!!

I'm leaning to USO and NSX as 1st choice, Accupoint or the new SS as 2nd?????
</div></div>

I have a Swarovski Z6 1-6x scope with Circle Dot illuminated reticle on top of my LWRC 16" upper. An expensive (Swaro provides LEO/Military discounts), but great scope.

It is true 1x and the reticle for close in shooting is FAST and accurate. When you want to reach out, crank it to 6x. You would be hard pressed to find better glass and there is no issue with eye relief at any power.

Good luck

Tim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From OEF VII

USO SN4 Circle Chevron, daytime, at 4x

Range to blocks at 9 o'clock to Chevron, 300M

CircleChevron.jpg

</div></div>

How do you like the uso??

I used a leupold M/RT in Iraq and it worked out well for me!