• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Post Your Kit: Bolt Action, AICS Mag Carrying Rigs

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Post Your Kit: Bolt Action, AICS Mag Carrying Rigs

Interested in how others have set up to carry their rifle and AICS mags

Do you use Backpacks, slings, magazine carriers/pouches/belts?
What have you found to work best if/when you are on a course that requires movement from place to place.

Looking for a fast/light set up to carry at least 3 to 4 AICS mags.

I shoot field matches almost exclusively, so I'm carrying everything with me. All my gear goes in my ruck. Rifle is slung across my chest. I have a holster for my spare mag on my belt. I keep a backup mag in the ruck. When I'm done shooting a stage, that mag gets topped off and swapped with the mag in the holster or tossed into my pants pocket. I've never seen the need for the tactical belt with six AICS mags across the back, kestrel holster, etc, but to each their own.

I don’t shoot field matches but I do shoot lots of hogs per night sometimes with a bolt gun, so I have worked out ammo management to an efficient process. Agreed on above, keep a single full mag in a belt pouch. After a session, swap in full mag and top off partial with loose rounds, put in pouch and repeat. I keep all my loose rounds in a Hill People Gear Kit Bag. You could manage bino’s, rangefinder, other such things from that location as well.

Last edited:
I have a rifle so I carry it with my hands. Sometimes with both, sometimes I throw it up on my shoulder and only use the one hand.
Mines set up for aics mags so I just stick one in my pocket or lay it next to the rifle until I’m ready to load it. I guess I could carry it in my jansport.

What could you possibly need to have four mags on you for other than looking like a cuck?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkside-Six
I have a rifle so I carry it with my hands. Someone’s with both, sometimes I throw it up in my shoulder and only use one hand.
Mines set up for aics mags so I just stick one in my pocket or lay it next to the rifle until I’m ready to load it. I guess I could carry it in my jansport.

What could you possibly need to have four mags on you for other than looking like a cuck?

Helpful......

To the OP

I run one in the gun, one in a pouch on my belt. Any additional in a chest rig or in a pack same way I would run mags for a carbine or my gap10.

I have also used 2 mags and kept ammo in some of those tab gear type bullet binders.

a sock with rubber bands back in the day was the ticket for bolt gun ammo....