• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Post your "SSS" guns

shaman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2008
Frankfort, Kentucky
After the feral cat thread, I got to wondering what everyone was using as pest control when the neighbor's don't need to know. Cans or no, rimfire, centerfire, air, or muscle, post up what you use.

Re: Post your "SSS" guns

Rem. 510 with CB caps. My Daisy makes too much noise...

Had tree rats in the atic a few years ago-Ruger Vaquero .44 with CCI rat shot LOUD but effective...neighbors never SAID anything anyways...

Savage MkII lefty. Cut down to the tight spot at 17 1/4" and threaded for my Form1 monocore.

It feeds the CCI shorts but it's quietest with the Aguila Super Colibri. Aguila Standard Match is also "neighbor safe" if you need it to be.

My Winchester 69A is deadly with CCI Quiet. It just a little louder than Super Colibris, but much more accurate.

some BB gun i picked up from walmart, heavily modified with a can of krylon and the POS remington scope that came with my 700
wink.gif

actually, its pretty dead on out to about 40 yards. takes care of pigeons, and may or may not be used in the care of the neighborhood cats who think my lawn is their shitting ground, and my animals food somehow belongs to them....

Ruger 22/45, awc 22 suppressor,acog miniature reflex, 40g CCI subsonic sometimes my streamlight goes on when looking for the unwanted pest in the trashcan.

Ruger 10/22 with a threaded barrel wearing a TL Guns .22 cal suppressor. It has a 3-10x Leupold VX3 (IIRC) scope. I shoot Remington 38 grain subsonics through it. Took out a ground hog this morning with a headshot from my third floor window at 17 yards. Bullet went in right behind the ear, hog flopped around for a few seconds. Squirrels go out like a light switch. I've gotten feral cats at 35 yards before with the same round. I generally have to finish them off with a close-up from a suppressed 9mm. Cats are tough. And they disappear overnight. I think the coyotes eat them.

blow-gun.jpg

I used to have a 36" and a 72"... The 72" blowgun was ridiculously accurate!!!

My neighborhood friend had pet rabbits that escaped, and after a year or two, they breeded with the wild rabbits, runnin wild throughout the neighborhood (GIANT bunnies!!!)... The blowguns got more than a few (hundred) notches!!!

And when I was a real little kid:
acf65fe.jpg

A bunch of the local Fauna came to ends with that in my hands!

Well I was a kid... But nevertheless, I aimed for center mass!

Takes a little practice, but once you "dial" your puff of breath... its pretty easy!

Some rabbits did flips and ran off never to be seen again, but most died within 50yds or so.

Although I wouldn't recommend it for cats... Enough dead ones with darts stuck in them might warrent somebody to DNA test the darts! Who knows!

Old Beeman R1 I sent to a guy in Kansas (?) to have hotrodded. Went out a tired old airgun, not very accurate or powerful, and came back as a laser-guided hammer.
My friend and I got into an orchard that had roads and houses grow up around it, so we could not even use rimfires. We used that R1 to kill over 200 rockchucks at ranges out to 50 yards, mostly DRT with headshots.
Hell on starlings and coons too.

1911fan

R1 is a good rifle to have tuned. I have an RWS 850 without the HPA tank that I got tuned. Went from 8.9 fpe with CPHP to 10.9 fpe. It does well on sparrows, haven't had it out during starling season yet.

Thompson Contender pistol chambered in .22 threaded to accept your favorite rf can and topped with a low powered variable is hard to beat. SS rounds are pretty quiet but the Aguila Colabris are the ticket for ranges out to 25 yrds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacgnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SS rounds are pretty quiet but the Aguila Colabris are the ticket for ranges out to 25 yrds. </div></div>

Those rounds scream "Squib load" to me... Even in pocket pistols! I don't have any experiance with them, but a primer fired only cartridge doesn't sit well in my tummy!