• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Potential FNX 40 Super/10mm Barrel Group Buy - Awesome Woods Defense Setup & Fun Gun

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
If you read enough "best critter defense handgun" threads you will quickly see that the 10mm has a huge following. I'd say that nearly half of the recommendations you will see are people recommending a Glock 20, as the glock is really the only high capacity choice for a 10mm. Well here we have an opportunity to bring another awesome 10mm package to the table - the FNH FNX.

I started reading about the FNX while looking into alternate options for my wife - the G20 grip is too big for her tiny hands, so I needed to find something else. The more I read about the FNX the more I liked it. For those of you who do not know about the FNX, if you do some research on it you will discover that it is an excellent quality pistol that is made for harsh battle field conditions and has a pretty big following. It is known for having mild recoil with stout loads due to its ergonomics and since it was designed for high power military loads. My tiny wife shot some of my burly navy buddy's "hottest hand loads" out of it without me telling her and she didn't say a word about the recoil. The gun is also cool in the fact that it holds more 45 acp bullets than the glock, while having a smaller hand grip. Don't worry about the MSRP. If you shop around, you can find one much cheaper.

A stock FNX is almost a perfect option for a backcounty defense sidearm. Only one thing is lacking; arguable the best semi-automatic woods defense cartridge out there, the 10mm. In my research I came across 40 super barrels for the FNX. The 40 super is essentially the big brother of the 10mm. Underwood claims to propel the same 220 grain hardcast bullet 150 fps faster out of a 40 super than a 10mm, giving it 188 more ft*lbs of energy (27% more). Awesome sounding cartridge, right? The only problem is that nobody is currently producing barrels for it. In my research, I came across EFK Firedragon and their 40 super barrels which they have made in the past. After speaking with their owner, she told me that they would like to make more, but they sell very slowly and she can't break down tooling for her common barrels which fly off the shelf to make something that she is going to have to wait around to sell. I think this is partially because people just don't know about it - I had no clue it existed. If you have no interest in using the gun for woods defense, it's just a plain fun gun and the cartridge is excellent for hunting.

The barrel swap process is easy. You just disassemble the gun, as usual and reassemble it with the new barrel. No spring changes are required. I wish swapping rifle barrels was this easy. The 40 super uses the factory magazines. Going with a 10mm would require some magazine modifications.

Anyway, I am hoping to drum up some interest in this platform. If we can get a bunch of people interested, she will make a batch for us. She is open to making barrels in 10mm or 40 super, depending on interest. Tell your friends about this if you want to make it happen and spread the word. We need a minimum of 50 orders to make it worth EFK's while.

Please PM me your name, email, phone number, and what caliber you would be interested in. I will keep a list and relay it to EFK.

Sorry for the cheesy write-up, but the gun and cartridge are cool and if you haven't seen them or heard of them (like me) you should check them out. I am in no way affiliated with EFK, I just want a barrel for my wife, it would be cool to see this cartridge grow in popularity, and they offered to help me out.

Hi,

You may want to run your group buy proposal through administration here.
I am not sure they if they must approve them or not but LL has mentioned on a few occasions of some issues he has had with group buys.
@Tucker301 can clarify for you.

Sincerely,
Theis

I dont know that you would find 50 people that own an FNX in .40.......let alone people who would want a .10mm barrel.

so the .40 and .45 FNX share the same slide/barrel dimesnions?

@hitman44 I'm not sure. I must contact her to see which guns the barrels will be compatible with. Everything she and I have talked about up until this point has been for my 45 platform. Not sure how things will translate to the 40 and 9.

I assume it will just be the .45 .

I originally misread your post and thought the conversion barrel was .40 cal FNX. I think you'll have more luck finding interested .45 owners for sure.

I’d be interested in a 10mm barrel for the FNX 45 Tactical (threaded), however I’m not willing to be a guineapig.
Here are my concerns:
1. Extractor compatibly running 10mm
2. Recoil spring compatibility
3. Magazine compatibility (you said they need to be modified. How? How reliable are they?)

Last edited:
If I am in the woods where I am hunting or scouting and and only packing a handgun & I think there is a good chance that there is something Big there that might want to eat me I will have my Freedom Arms 454 or my 50 Desert Eagle on my hip.

I think my FNX Tactical in 45 acp is perfect " as is" for defense from 2 legged rats in the city or in the woods.

The 40 super looks like an impressive cartridge but I think I have enough tools in my tool box to get me by.

The 45 super is another very impressive cartridge you might want to check into for your FNX if you want to stay with a large bore.

Another nice thing about the 45 super is you can use your same mags and Starline Brass carries brass for it in stock.

Let us know what you decide on & how it works out

Reactions: TACC
I’d be interested in the 40 super barrel but agree with justme... the 45 super would be awesome and no magazine mods

Reactions: TACC
Who is producing these barrels?