• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Potentially moving before can approval?

Elxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
Tucson AZ
Ok, first question. I want to order a can as soon as possible. I WILL be moving (down the street) in a month. Is that an issue if I order a can now?

Also, I MIGHT be moving to Washington or California in a year. Its literally 50/50. If its Washington, who cares. If its California, what do I do? Will my can be taken away?

Second question! I know this has been beaten to death, but fuck it. If you had to go back and redo your .308 can choice, what would you change? Spend more? Spend less? Different company? Something better looking? I feel like I wouldn't look at anything else than AAC. I'd rather over pay to make sure I have all sorts of warranty goodness.

Re: Potentially moving before can approval?

I think with all your upheaval it would be best not to order a can. If I remember correctly in Washington you can own a can but you can't shoot it legally. I have seen some guys talking about it here on threads and they said they are trying to meet with the some politicians to get it changed but as far as I know it has not changed. California I have no idea with that state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think with all your upheaval it would be best not to order a can. If I remember correctly in Washington you can own a can but you can't shoot it legally. I have seen some guys talking about it here on threads and they said they are trying to meet with the some politicians to get it changed but as far as I know it has not changed. California I have no idea with that state. </div></div>

Cali is a straight no go.

Perhaps I should just look into a good muzzle break.

Any recommendations while I go poke around some more on the internet?

Edit:

Just looked at some breaks. Tossing that idea out the window. I'll wait to see where I'm moving to make a decision.

I just moved to a silencer-unfriendly state. I just store my cans out of state. I get to visit them and shoot them once in a while. Otherwise they just stay locked up. I find a bank deposit box can hold several cans easily.