• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder choices

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I have a few powders I had on hand to develope a load for my 6.5x55 swede and 7.5x55 Swiss rifles. I now need to also load .308. The powders I have are Varget, H4350 and H4895. The 4895 seems a little fast so i have been trying the other 2.
I had several people recommend RL22, and after a long search I found one pound of that and will try it.
While looking around for a suitable powder that actually in stock I found Hogden Hybrid 100V. I read a little about it and it seems suited for the Swede as well as .243 and similar calibers. It looks like it would work in .308 but I haven't heard much about it.
I don't want to rush to buy a powder just because it's in stock somewhere, but if it will be accurate in the .308 as well as the other calibers I load for I will try it.

Does anyone have any experience with it?
What other powders would make a good choice- mainly for the .308?
The Alliant powders seem to be perpetually out of stock, and I really don't want to fall in love with a powder that will never be available.

Thanks,
Jim