• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder dispenser for turret press

Falar

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Midland, TX
I just picked up a Redding T-7 to complement my XL650. I thought I was just going to use my chargemaster to dispense everything but I guess it isn't really necessary for pistol calibers is it? I'll be throwing 10-25gr charges for .45 ACP and .44 Magnum and have no idea which automatic die-mounted dispensers can fit the bill and throw N110, N105, N350 accurately. Is +/- .1 realistic with charges this small? I've only ever used the disappointing dillon powder thrower and the Chargemaster and am looking for some recommendations.

Re: Powder dispenser for turret press

i plan on getting the hornady case activated powder dispenser and set it up in my T7 like in this video
or at least give it a try

video

THanks for the vid, I wonder how accurate taht hornady dispenser is?

They are not too bad. With ball or fine kernel powder, I usually get +/- .1, with the rare .2 variation. For what I use them for that is good enough for me. For any precision work, I weigh each charge.

BLK7