• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder ideas

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
Looking around at some ideas for powders. Want to stay in a temp insensitive powder. Going after pushing the 215's out of a 30" tube. I know there has been some luck with Varget, but me and the try other crap to see if it works is getting the best of me. Wondering if something slower would be something to try?

Re: Powder ideas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking around at some ideas for powders. Want to stay in a temp insensitive powder. Going after pushing the 215's out of a 30" tube. I know there has been some luck with Varget, but me and the try other crap to see if it works is getting the best of me. Wondering if something slower would be something to try? </div></div>

please do not be so specific as to caliber/ use/ conditions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking around at some ideas for powders. Want to stay in a temp insensitive powder. Going after pushing the 215's out of a 30" tube. I know there has been some luck with Varget, but me and the try other crap to see if it works is getting the best of me. Wondering if something slower would be something to try? </div></div>

please do not be so specific as to caliber/ use/ conditions </div></div>

+1 LMAO!

I've read a lot of varying opinions, and seen varying "data" regarding the temperature stability of RE17. I would certainly try it.

IIRC, you are setting up a 308 for FTR. For such formal KD shooting, why would temperature stability matter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking around at some ideas for powders. Want to stay in a temp insensitive powder. Going after pushing the 215's out of a 30" tube. I know there has been some luck with Varget, but me and the try other crap to see if it works is getting the best of me. Wondering if something slower would be something to try? </div></div>

please do not be so specific as to caliber/ use/ conditions </div></div>

Yea my bad. That is what I get for typing while I am doing other shit.

In a 308 F/TR build that is in progress.