• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder in Central Texas

TenZero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Texas
Just an FYI - There is a small, kinda overpriced LGS in Liberty Hill TX, that has more gunpowder in one place than I've seen in 18 months. (yay!) If you need a certain type powder though, there is a good chance to grab a pound or two to tide you over. The bad news - They are asking 37-39 dollars a pound!! (Boooo!!!) Not trying to start another capitalism vs gougers thread here. But I do know how much work it is to start load dev all over with a new powder, just because the one you like hasn't been on the shelf in a year. If this helps somebody get by til their back order shows up, great, that was my intention. Not interested in a flame war, thanks.

** Before you ask, no AA1680, CFE-223, or Varget. He said he has Varget inbound though. All kinds of other stuff, seemed heavy on IMR, but I'm not real familiar with those myself.

It's in Liberty Hill, about 15 miles west of Georgetown, on Hwy 29. The sign just says 'GUNS' and it's right on the main road (29)

Can say McBrides has little to offer other than Green Dot and 4-6 lbs of RL17. Not a primer to be had, but did pick up some CCI BR2's at TexGuns on S. Lamar. Not the cheapest, but no qty limit either.