• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

powder mix,maybe good maybe not ?

justincase

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2022
Georgia
I was emptying powder about 90 rounds worth of H4350 to do a load rework,I had suddenly noticed one round was a factory hornady eld match round I had pulled the bullet and dumped the powder with the rest..I dont know the hornady powder ,I looked through it all looks the same so cant seperate ,So my question to anyone ,Is it now a can of to be disgarded or safe with just the one round being dumped in,thanks in advance.

sounds good to me prob kickin myself for doing it more then anything but better to get opinions , thanks H4350 is hard enough to get

I did get a hold of Hornady and they looked up the # from lot, the lot that factory round from them I pored into my H4350 was RL 16,they said they used...is the burn rate to fast with 4350,I mean I knew they would say to dump it but I dont know that much about RL 16 powder or burn rate

Mix and shoot that shit. Zero worries

Your more likely to find a tack driving load and wonder if it’s the mix vs running into issues.

F-ing send it!!

Do you have even more 4350 to mix it all together with?

Of course hornady is going to say dump it, if anything happens (it probably won't) they just don't want you coming back to try and sue them. Worst case scenario is you found the perfect mix of 2 powders that your rifle loves and can never replicate it again but go crazy trying

Yeah Im mixing a lil more to it and hitting the range this weekend..be the shizznits if shot the best ever,,Appreciate the help with this...Hey if does work gives me an excuse to do dumb shizz more often..yeah that probably wont fly .....(but good try)

Of course hornady is going to say dump it, if anything happens (it probably won't) they just don't want you coming back to try and sue them. Worst case scenario is you found the perfect mix of 2 powders that your rifle loves and can never replicate it again but go crazy trying
That is what I was thinking,Hell working loads can drive anyone a bit crazy trying for that perfect one anyhow

Reactions: HMRamateur
Mix and shoot that shit. Zero worries

Your more likely to find a tack driving load and wonder if it’s the mix vs running into issues.

F-ing send it!!
Mixing and Shooting away, only shit is Ill prob find that one load we all search for and go crazy wondering ......could it have been...was it the mix (lol)

Last edited:

Hell, Im amazed they told me the powder they used..but yeah giving it a go this weekend..We all look like Mad Scientist looking for those crazy good loads anyhow so why not add a little more drama to the mix...Thanks for the response ..

Reactions: HMRamateur
Mixing and Shooting away, only shit is Ill prob find that one load we all search for and go crazy wondering ......could it have been...was it the mix (lol)
You got the mix...90:1. Then you'll be rocking RL4350 if it puts em all through the same hole!