• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Shipping Problem

plh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I've had an order of two 8# jugs of Varget from Sinclair held up in transit by UPS for "Haz-Mat irregularities". Anyone here experience this or have suggestions on how to expedite things?

Re: Powder Shipping Problem

Contact Sinclair and have them contact UPS. Not sure what the problem would be if they labeled it properly.

Yea, I called Sinclair pretty quick and they called UPS while I waited. They were unable to provide any definitive info except that it would be delayed for another week or two. I have no complaints with Sinclair and probably none with UPS as its likely some Fed. thing. A portion of the order arrived yesterday but no powder. I may have screwed the pooch; as the customer service lady was apologizing for the delay, I told her not to worry as maybe the Rapture would come in the interim and I wouldn't need it after all. Now I can be catalogued as not only a gun-toting bullet-making right winger but a religious zealot as well.

Sinclair ships big volumes of hazmat with UPS. They should be able to get it cleared up quickly. I would not be satisfied with "another week or two". ask them to make a replacement shipment and return the first shipment when it finally arrives..........at Sinclairs expense

Hell they might let you keep the original shipment as well. RUN!! Go get the phone and hit redial! lol

Sinclair pretty much always makes things right when i ask them to. The only shipping times they guarantee are the 1 and 2 day air shipments which the powder doesn't fall under. So don't get too bent if they can't do anything but I expect they probably will anyway.

Doesn't Mid South sell the 8lb for $10 less than Sinclair?

Just checked the UPS site and it looks like its on the way. Hopefully they are both from the same lot #. (Maybe there will be a bonus Giraud trimmer tucked inside!)
Thanks guys