• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

powder thrower

aloreman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2011
orangeville pa
Im looking for a powder thrower that throws varget real accurate. Ive been loading with the hornady digital dispensor and it sucks. It is slow and throws over 30 percent of the time. My target load is 24.8 grains.

Re: powder thrower

My understanding is that Varget is very difficult to meter exactly. My personal experience with a Harrell powder measure is that Varget is rarely thrown exactly to the charge weight, which is not the case when I use other powders.

So, I'm not sure if there is a measure that will meter Varget hyper accurately, at a fast rate. I'm sure others will have more info.

Re: powder thrower

For what cartridge in what kind of action???? Not sure there really is an answer for that, but Varget can be very forgiving. A few 10ths one way or the other. Unless you're a match shooter.