• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder valley finally got a new website!

Definitely better but still seems about 10 years old. I guess that is better than 20 years. Prices look about the same to me.

Domain Name: POWDER-VALLEY.COM

Registrant Name: Bryan Richardson
Registrant Organization: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Registrant Street: 17295 151ST RD
Registrant City: WINFIELD
Registrant State/Province: Kansas
Registrant Postal Code: 67156-7524
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.6202298685
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.6202298690
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Bryan Richardson
Admin Organization: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Admin Street: 17295 151ST RD
Admin City: WINFIELD
Admin State/Province: Kansas
Admin Postal Code: 67156-7524
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.6202298685
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.6202298690
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Bryan Richardson
Tech Organization: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Tech Street: 17295 151ST RD
Tech City: WINFIELD
Tech State/Province: Kansas
Tech Postal Code: 67156-7524
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.6202298685
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.6202298690
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

Domain Name: POWDERVALLEYINC.COM

Registry Domain ID: 39700988_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Updated Date: 2017-03-05T15:41:02Z
Creation Date: 2000-11-03T01:10:29Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-11-02T04:00:00Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8003337680
Reseller:
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Registrant Organization: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Registrant Street: 17295 151ST RD
Registrant City: WINFIELD
Registrant State/Province: KS
Registrant Postal Code: 67156-7524
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.6202298685
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.6202298690
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Admin Organization: POWDER VALLEY INC.
Admin Street: 17295 151ST RD
Admin City: WINFIELD
Admin State/Province: KS
Admin Postal Code: 67156-7524
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.6202298685
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.6202298690
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Ray, Jim
Tech Organization: KFB
Tech Street: 877 Ridge Road
Tech City: Richfield
Tech State/Province: PA
Tech Postal Code: 17086
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.5705394858
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.5705394858
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: A.NS.INTERLAND.NET
Name Server: B.NS.INTERLAND.NET
Name Server: C.NS.INTERLAND.NET
DNSSEC: Unsigned

So for all us ignorant sum bitches Tucker, is it the same or different?

All I can tell you is what I see. It appears to be the same and he may be transitioning from one registration and hosting provider to another.
If I really wanted to know I'd call that number 620-229-8685 and straight up ask him what the deal is.

Just spoke to them on the phone. Old site doesnt have a hard stop deadline to be shut down, but theyre estimating one month. The old site is still 100% functional.

If you have issues logging in to the new site, they advised to call them and they'll straighten it out.

I received an email from them saying the site had been updated. I assumed (uh oh) that it was the same Powder Valley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just as long as prices stay the same.

I fucking hate it when a company does some sort of makeover bullshit, and in the process increases pricing. I'd rather have shit that just works, with great pricing, than all sorts of flash and bullshit and somehow indirectly 'pay' for it.

Old site has some things listed as Out of Stock No Backorder. Whilst new site, for same product, says Out of Stock with no mention of no backorder. Anyone know if you can backorder now? Yeah, I know -- just call them.

Just as long as prices stay the same.

I fucking hate it when a company does some sort of makeover bullshit, and in the process increases pricing. I'd rather have shit that just works, with great pricing, than all sorts of flash and bullshit and somehow indirectly 'pay' for it.

Too late, all the Hodgdon 8lbs used to be 168 except for Varget and H4350. They are now all 180. Looks to me about 10% increase across the board. I put a cart together a month ago to see how much I needed to save for my order. I always went to them for their low prices, I guess a bunch of whiney sons of bitches ruined it because they need Powder Valley to have a sight more like the other more expensive big retailers.

Old site has some things listed as Out of Stock No Backorder. Whilst new site, for same product, says Out of Stock with no mention of no backorder. Anyone know if you can backorder now? Yeah, I know -- just call them.

:cool: I called them! They said you can do backorders on the new site. At least that is what they told me to do for Hornady 6.5mm 140 gr. ELD-M bullets.

Order seemed to go through ok as I received email confirmation within a minute or two.

Too late, all the Hodgdon 8lbs used to be 168 except for Varget and H4350. They are now all 180. Looks to me about 10% increase across the board. I put a cart together a month ago to see how much I needed to save for my order. I always went to them for their low prices, I guess a bunch of whiney sons of bitches ruined it because they need Powder Valley to have a sight more like the other more expensive big retailers.

supercorndogs, I don't think it has anything to do with new web site. Prices on old and new web site are the same on every item I checked (all likely comes out of same backend database). Most likely a recent general price increase from manufacturer as everyone's prices for Varget and H4350 are, at a minimum, in the mid $180s.

I got my last 8# jug of Varget from 3rdGen end of February at $168 and they've gone up $20 just like everyone else.

supercorndogs, I don't think it has anything to do with new web site. Prices on old and new web site are the same on every item I checked (all likely comes out of same backend database). Most likely a recent general price increase from manufacturer as everyone's prices for Varget and H4350 are, at a minimum, in the mid $180s.

I got my last 8# jug of Varget from 3rdGen end of February at $168 and they've gone up $20 just like everyone else.

I guess I remember a thread about powder price increase this year. Must be a coincidence.

:cool: I called them! They said you can do backorders on the new site. At least that is what they told me to do for Hornady 6.5mm 140 gr. ELD-M bullets.

Order seemed to go through ok as I received email confirmation within a minute or two.

Thanks man, you're a champ. I'm with my little girl and always feel like a goof calling a business as she'll invariably interrupt or cause a crises in the middle of the call.

Hopefully u can review ur items (and not just stock #) before u confirm order

Strange right before the switch I ordered some Hornady 75 and 178 eldm and the new site doesn't even show them.

Annnd ..... the new website sucks.... I keep clicking Hodgdon powder... It seems the only way to get their is to scroll through all 375 smokless powders, one (painfully slowly loading) 10 powders per page at a time. That's more of a PITA than it is worth for me. Hope they get it fixed soon or go back to the old site.

Diver, it could be that the new site is in beta, which is why the old site is still up and functional. A lot of non-tech savvy companies have a difficult time transitioning to newer websites. My suggestion for all is to email them with any issues that you see with their new site. This will give them the feedback they need to get corrections in place.

I like the older site layout better. As stated, it takes forever to see what's in stock by paging through everything...

Hopefully it will get faster and easier to navigate. The old site, as plain and boring as it was, was so much easier to order from.

Too little too late. My last order with them…after dropping about $2K there in a year….I fought their website for over an hour across three computers (2 Macs and a PC) trying to place an order. When it finally went through somehow the wrong brass was on there, and it was not easy to spot on the verification page. So I get the wrong brass and want to return it, and they insist that I pay them to restock a mistake that resulted from their website.

If a meager restocking fee is worth more than $2-3K of business a year from me, they can suck it. I didn't argue paying return shipping. And they confirmed during email exchange that this was the case. I'll pay a little bit more somewhere else for peace of mind.

Valley has gone up or hasn't went down, lately. Been buying other places a decent amount cheaper lately.

Hi Folks. Thank you for the feedback. We have recently launched a new website: www.powder-valley.com We have not changed any prices. We know many of you like the simplicity of the old site. It's easy to navigate but has offered some challenges over time. The new website offers many advantages to the old site. You can login and see all of your order history. You can track your package direct from your account. You can reorder items with the click of a button. We aim to keep improving the new website and would like your continual feedback. You can post on here as we will keep watching this thread or you can email me direct at [email protected]. I'm not saying we will be able to change things to address every concern but we will definitely listen and continue to improve the site to make it robust, more informative and speedy. We always guarantee our pricing and have the mission of being the price leader in the industry so if you find where you can order somewhere else less expensive please let me know. During the time of supply shortages we never once increased our pricing as some retail companies did and we remain steadfast in our commitment to you to offer the finest in components and ammunition at the best possible price.
Bryan Richardson

I'll agree, great first post. This biggest improvement I suggest at this point would be to have the website show FGM215M's in stock.

Yes you can backorder all items on the new website now!

Thanks!
Powder Valley Inc
620-229-8685

I can assure you we haven't raised our prices due to the new website. We always have a slight price increase at the beginning of the year, but that is all that has changed and it was not 10%. Please call or email us with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Powder Valley
620-229-8685
[email protected]

Too little too late. My last order with them…after dropping about $2K there in a year….I fought their website for over an hour across three computers (2 Macs and a PC) trying to place an order. When it finally went through somehow the wrong brass was on there, and it was not easy to spot on the verification page. So I get the wrong brass and want to return it, and they insist that I pay them to restock a mistake that resulted from their website.

If a meager restocking fee is worth more than $2-3K of business a year from me, they can suck it. I didn't argue paying return shipping. And they confirmed during email exchange that this was the case. I'll pay a little bit more somewhere else for peace of mind.

Spaniel,
I am very sorry that you are unhappy with the service that you received, obviously we don't want unhappy customers. We always try and do things right 100% of the time and make our customers happy. We can always take phone orders and especially if you are having issues ordering from a computer or phone. I understand that it is annoying to receive something that you didn't want and ordered by accident and then have to pay the return shipping and restock fee. That is our general process when things like that happen.
If you want to send me an email we can work something out to fix this for you because we don't want any loyal customer to be dissatisfied. [email protected]
Again, very sorry that this happened and I hope you do contact us so we can make this right.

Thanks,
Powder Valley Inc
620-229-8685

It may be just me. It took me much longer for me to go through page by page to locate the items I looked for. Simplicity is beauty...

User experiences are generally measured in clicks. Meaning that you should count how many mouse clicks it takes to get to where you want to go, fewer obviously being better.

The old site takes me 3 clicks to add Varget to my cart.
The new site takes me 7 without having to use the keyboard.

This results in complaints like you're seeing here. Other websites made a similar mistake, like SWFA.

Yeah, an enhanced sort option would be nice, to allow less clicks to search for availability (like H-4350). That is the main detractor to the new site; the filtering options are limited. Increase that, and I'd argue most complaints will go away.

As for prices, I remember when PVI didn't price gouge like everyone else, and it's a large reason I order from them. Loyalty works both ways...

When I try to see if 4350 is back in stock I just type in 4350 and it takes me to it immediately.

So while I don't have any problem with the new I do enjoy the simplicity that the old site showed. It was weird that clicking on powder it didn't display anything but brand options and then a click deeper it was exactly what I was looking for. But I like the new site well enough too and I think it has a good design as well. I don't have any problem with it. In fact I think it's laid out very simply organized too.

Its also never back in stock.

Last edited:
Spaniel,
I am very sorry that you are unhappy with the service that you received, obviously we don't want unhappy customers. We always try and do things right 100% of the time and make our customers happy. We can always take phone orders and especially if you are having issues ordering from a computer or phone. I understand that it is annoying to receive something that you didn't want and ordered by accident and then have to pay the return shipping and restock fee. That is our general process when things like that happen.
If you want to send me an email we can work something out to fix this for you because we don't want any loyal customer to be dissatisfied. [email protected]
Again, very sorry that this happened and I hope you do contact us so we can make this right.

Thanks,
Powder Valley Inc
620-229-8685

Email sent. I dealt with you personally before, I sincerely hope the experience is better this time. I used to buy 90% of my components and 100% of my powder with you.