• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley Reloading Supply Update

nn8734

NN8734
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2013
    NA
    Powder valley just sent a reloading supply chain update to their distro list. You can read it here

Reactions: Baron23
    I saw that. Actually encouraging for me as I have powder and bullets coming out of my butt (not literally) but I always feel light on primers.

It is good to see hopefully things will get better.

a local reloading store said they have not gotten any primers in since the shortage started. I screwed up and didn’t learn from the last shortage.

FGMM primers packaging has a new look. New to me anyway. These are showing up sporadically in small amounts.
    46094658-4B01-4540-AB89-9B735DAC42E4.jpeg

Stimulus checks did what they were supposed to do. Stimulate demand. Demand just happened to already be excessive

Reactions: larryh128
    This is sickening!
    Should have been posted in the 'bear pit' under porta john, then I could say how I really feel about this shitstorm!

This is sickening!
    Should have been posted in the 'bear pit' under porta john, then I could say how I really feel about this shitstorm!
    Lol, don’t hold back on any of our accounts. After all, you have GONE BAD. Gotta maintain that rep, 😝

Reactions: rlsmith1
    We had a rush of panic and new gun buyers in record amounts well before any checks.
    stimulus had little to do with it.
    Covid started it, then the riots, and along came the stimulus with a change of administration to keep the panic purchases rolling.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Maybe just a bit miffed at the company that I always felt was a leader in the field and my most trusted supplier. More than once, both my son and I have tried to make purchases from Powder Valley, only required by Powder Valley to have to make an additional purchase from their clothing department. By the time we found a selection in the clothing department that was not sold out and added it to our cart, we found that the original product we were trying to purchase was now sold out.

Quite aggravating.

For quite a few years, our son flew out of McConnel AFB in Wichita and while visiting with him, it was aways a fun trip to make an order at Powder Valley and drive down to pick it up. (Living in North Louisiana, being close enough to Any Store that stocks what a fellow wants is very unusual.). So, in these tough times especially considering the group of folks occupying both the Capital building and the white house it is hard to abandon a business that you have supported and has supported us for so long. But, once burned is a mistake, twice or three times burned means going back for a forth time would be a very bitter pill. As always, true democracy is voted with the dollar.
    ??
    I’ve never had to add clothing to my PV orders to check out. I’m unfamiliar with that.

Huh. Okay. They are still my preferred powder supplier, even if it sounds like things are getting worse instead of better in that arena.

Reactions: Steel head
    Yea I buy from them and others whenever I need something, no particular issues with/against PV

I've always thought that people tend to relax when they just have some idea of what the heck is going on. If the drill sergeant says to do pushups, no end, no quantity, just do them, it's depressing and kills the spirit. But if you're told to do 100 pushups, it sucks, it's 100 pushups, but you know where the end is. I wish we, as non-dealers, had a better look at the overall picture. It sucks, but if we had better information at least we could understand why.

I've always thought that people tend to relax when they just have some idea of what the heck is going on. If the drill sergeant says to do pushups, no end, no quantity, just do them, it's depressing and kills the spirit. But if you're told to do 100 pushups, it sucks, it's 100 pushups, but you know where the end is. I wish we, as non-dealers, had a better look at the overall picture. It sucks, but if we had better information at least we could understand why.

Are you one of the ones that don't understand?

Are you one of the ones that don't understand?
    lol there's a lot of things I don't understand in this world my man. But I don't work in the primer industry so I'm not privy to the details (outside of what most folks know like a lack of raw materials, supply chain disruption, and demand far and away outpacing supply).