• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley removed all primers from site

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just looked on PV and they have removed most all primers from site while stating a current backorder of 50million. Crazy!

Re: Powder Valley removed all primers from site

That is just friggin' nuts...

And here I was thinking my browser was just screwed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just looked on PV and they have removed most all primers from site while stating a current backorder of 50million. Crazy! </div></div>

I went there last night just to see what was up and I noticed they're not even listing them, which is pretty sad.

I'm good on primers, but 50,000,000 is pretty good number to be waiting on.

Chris

50 mil, on ONE site?.
Well, that pretty much means I'll be dead, before my order is filled...........LOL

I read on two other sites that someone had talked with a Winchester rep and apparently Win. alone is behind 600 MILLION primers. i hope that isnt true lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read on two other sites that someone had talked with a Winchester rep and apparently Win. alone is behind 600 MILLION primers. i hope that isnt true lol </div></div>

I guess the question is how many are produced anually? If I have to guess, I would say that they may be about 4-6 months behind with that much of back ordering. I may be wrong.

alan, well, if they can produce a million or more a day, that means their a year behind, Minimum.

i talked to federal reps at SHOT show, they said not to count on primers readily being available for 2 yrs. they are slammed with ammo depands and shortages plus the atk deal so that is where the primers are going first, what little if any excess are then sold off as components.

Called them today
No primers
No idea when they would come in
No taking of back orders

I put some on backorder awhile back. Then I put some on back order from Midsouth. I got a email with a tracking number that my Fed GM210 have been shipped. I should get them next week. They are out there. Just have to put them in backorders.

Consider the following from Ammoland.com:

"In just first 3 months of 2009 Americans bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian army’s combined.

We also bought 1,529,635,000 rounds of ammunition in just the month of December 2008. Yeah that is right, that is Billion with a “B”. This number takes no accounting of reloading or reloaded ammunition."

Obama should be voted "Gun Salesman of the Year", not President.....

Bob

I have 10,000 on BO from PV. Order was placed in Jan. Maybe one day???

This is so fucked up... I'm afraid that soon I'm gonna be forced out of my favorite hobby...
frown.gif

BO = back order

BO = Barack Obama

....Looks like some kind of comspiracy....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is so fucked up... I'm afraid that soon I'm gonna be forced out of my favorite hobby...
frown.gif
</div></div>

Looks that way for alot of us. Freaking hoarding & speculation is ruining the shooting / firearms sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGrelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is so fucked up... I'm afraid that soon I'm gonna be forced out of my favorite hobby...
frown.gif
</div></div>

Looks that way for alot of us. Freaking hoarding & speculation is ruining the shooting / firearms sport. </div></div>

Looks like I'm not the only one who understands this. The hoards will die of old age before they use their primers up.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looks like I'm not the only one who understands this. The hoards will die of old age before they use their primers up.</div></div>

You are probably right. That said..... if I had the chance I would buy more. Of everything!

Could be worse, the three gun and pistol guys are really crying. I know my Dad has cut himself from about 20,000 rounds a year to less than 5000 with a ton of dry firing and a new airsoft gun.

Im still waiting for more manufactures to bring out conversion kits for pistols other than glock and 1911s...maybe even a good air rifle that will mimic a basic 700 action that could be dropped into stocks.

From their site.

"Due to high order volume current order processing time is 5 days from order date to ship date. We are currently processing orders placed April 23rd. Please accept our apologies for the delay. We hope to return to operations as usual within the next couple weeks.

Thank you for your understanding!

Bryan"

Didn't see anything about 50 million. I was just there yesterday and the board said June for Wolf primers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PKelley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From their site.

"Due to high order volume current order processing time is 5 days from order date to ship date. We are currently processing orders placed April 23rd. Please accept our apologies for the delay. We hope to return to operations as usual within the next couple weeks.

Thank you for your understanding!

Bryan"

Didn't see anything about 50 million. I was just there yesterday and the board said June for Wolf primers.

</div></div>

Click on the primer link and its listed at the top of page..

Yep, it's ridiculous. I was at Cabelas the other day and watched a guy buy a shit ton of powder as soon as it came in. I asked him what he was reloading and he said only .30-06, the rest he is "keeping for a rainy day".

When the bubble eventually bursts there's going to be pleanty of cheap primers available at gun shows from guys who got in way over their head trying to make an easy buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Snow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 10,000 on BO from PV. Order was placed in Jan. Maybe one day??? </div></div>

Same here. No big hurry yet. Glad I got on the BO list then.

My son and I fired around 2K centerfire rounds last year (223, 243, 260, 308) and the same 22LR. So far this year less than 500 CF and close to 3K 22LR. Hell, even 22LR ammo is getting harder to find.

what's funny, I have pistol bullets, powder, brass but no small pistol primers, not even to work up a load. Hell, I'd be happy to get a 100 just to work a load up for when some primers do become available. :~)

I know where a couple thousand small pistol primers are. I'd have to go back and check on price and brand. I don't load for pistols, but if someone had some CCI 250's or Fed 210's we might could work out a trade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be worse, the three gun and pistol guys are really crying. I know my Dad has cut himself from about 20,000 rounds a year to less than 5000 with a ton of dry firing and a new airsoft gun.

</div></div>

Speaking as a pistol guy the great primer famine of 2009 is killing the sport. I would normally shoot 25k rounds a year, but this year I will probably back off to 5k because I don't know if I will be able to replace the primers. I've already sold 10k to friends to keep them shooting matches. I'm defintely looking into a .22 top end for my limited guns.

It looks like some people who work for the companies who manufacture ammunition and components would take this oportunity to start thier own company. I'm a control system engineer / custom machine builder and it appears that the only difficult part is the priming compound.

I also am curious about the rumors of containers of Wolf primers and ammo being held in ports.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGrelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is so fucked up... I'm afraid that soon I'm gonna be forced out of my favorite hobby...
frown.gif
</div></div>

Looks that way for alot of us. Freaking hoarding & speculation is ruining the shooting / firearms sport. </div></div>

Looks like I'm not the only one who understands this. The hoards will die of old age before they use their primers up.
cool.gif
</div></div>

Its all part of the "Master Plan". And we are all falling into "The Trap". Watch your Six !!!

If they can't -take your guns without a fight ??? They will make it so they are paper weights for your desk because they can't be fired. NY state is pushing and may have already passed legislation to stop reloading and start tracking chips/codes on bullets and brass. Can't even begin to dream what government approved factory made ammunition will cost- especially when the senators and other important people find out the kind of money that can be made under the laws of supply and demand with ammo hording going on already. Soon their will be limited quantities of this or that specially approved for sale to the public at a special price (8 times what it used to be) and the prices alone will make it unobtainable or make your elected officials alot of money when you obtain it......