• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

powder valley

bodywerks

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2010
Tucson,Arizona
I know i could just call and ask but i don't want to show them down any more than they already are...
What are pv customers seeing on shipping time? Is it 20 days like they say on their website? Also, i placed my order and it automatically accounted for ks sales tax, yet i live in AZ. Is anyone else seeing the same? Hopefully that won't be the case when they actually charge my card. Bad enough i have to pay the $27 hazmat...

Re: powder valley

Their invoices can be a little confusing but they only charge tax if you live in the state. They will send you another invoice with the shipping amount and no tax. They ship within a week usually. Havent had to order anything recently though

They will not charge you any AZ. tax. Your invoice that you get when they charge your card will show no tax.

I just received an order from them, and they are shipping about when they say they are. I don't recall how long I waited, but it was on the order of 3 weeks. I did not get charged sales tax.

You'll be hard pressed to find a company with better CS.

Never paid sales tax.

Today their website shows that instock orders placed today will ship Feb. 18th.

It has been my personal experience that they will notify you when your order is going to ship and will not charge your card until it does ship.

If your order is BO and then comes in they will ship it sooner. I did not have to wait for my BO and they charged me the price at the time of my order and not the current price on the website.

Powder Valley is great I do not think you will find another that is as straight forward as they are.

Try buying something from Bruno's and see what you get.

wow thats a long wait time to get something shipped to you I used them a couple times months ago and got my bullets within a week or so

kasey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kasey field</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow thats a long wait time to get something shipped to you I used them a couple times months ago and got my bullets within a week or so

kasey</div></div>

In case you haven't noticed, things are quite a bit different than they were months ago.

I've ordered 3 times from PV since the craziness began. All orders received albeit about 2-3 or so weeks after the orders were placed. Usual excellent communication and tracking

They're getting frequent resupplys of bullets and powder. Keep an eye out on their website for stuff you want/need. I just received a nice order of Varget from them today (placed early Jan)

PV is always spot on with their estimations, YMMV. One thing I've noticed, and perhaps this has been a coincidence, but PV always seems to get shipments of SMKs and Powder around the same time as Midway. Usually PV updates their site with current stock, and within 24-48 hours, Midway updates their site with the same items.

Now if only they'd have Zero bullets in stock more often, I could shoot my 45 ACP and 9mm with something other than Berry's.

I ordered powder from PV while in Europe on 12/29. With the holidays and all I figured I was losing days there for sure. PV estimated 3 weeks. UPS shows my shipment being delivered tomorrow so pretty much right on their estimated delivery time even when you toss out a few days for New Years.

Thanks for the word of encouragement. I had ordered from them before. I know they are a stand up company. I am aware of the extreme demand right now so i understand the delay. Actually doing a preemptive strike on shocking up for my 260 rebarrel job coming from Phoenix custom in a couple months.
And about Bruno, yeah, i got raked over the coals at $50 for some #34 primers. But their prices on Krieger barrels seemed fare. Picked up a 29"targetcontour stainless 5r, 8.5 twist, 6.5mm barrel for $350.

I don't like their system which do not updated.

They should manage their inventory as real time. So, when we put an order thus customers can expected about available products.

For example; In case that I order 2 bottle of 1LB Varget which show status as in stock during put an order, then they run out and ship only one bottle to me which Hazard Mat fee will be expensive than product.