• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley

Joel45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2009
Utah
Anybody order from them? Just got an order from them and couple things struck me as odd--I ordered 500 .308 Winchester brass and 1,000 155 gr Lapua Scenars.

Both were in big plastic bags. I thought "OK, I can see that on the brass, maybe they get some big ass 55 gallon drum of brass in bulk." But on the Scenars, some one had thrown in the end of a Lapua box that had been cut off that had the lot number, the bullet type, and other info, including "1,000 pieces." If the bullets came in a 1000 round box, why take them out? Just wondering if I scored 1,000 Lapua seconds/blems or something. Just seemed odd, thought I'd see if that was standard practice with them--first time I'd ordered with them.

Pricing was same as most other places--wasn't like they were 1/2 price or anything. Was going to call in the morning--thought I'd see if there were similar experiences first before I called. I typically seem to have a big sign on my forehead that says "screw me," so I try to be careful about stuff.

Re: Powder Valley

I just got a 250 ct of 168amax in its original box. I know thats how they usually do there brass but bullets Ive never seen them do that. Good place to get what you need though. Always had good service and fast shipping. Just MHO.

Just a guess but the box probably got the ol shipping crunch. Hardly ever hurts any bullets, and PV is good to go.

The 1000count Lapua 155GR Scenars I bought through Sinclair came in clear plastic bag stuck inside a plain white box with a Lapua sticker on it. I will say the box was not in the greatest of shape when it arrived on my doorstep.

They all shot very just fine!!

I use them alot.Always had good prices and good service.Don't know whats up with your order,have always been happy with my orders. Pete

Never had a problem with them, after many purchases.

fancy packages don't make it shoot any better....who gives a shit than....

They're kosher, bought 500 scenars loose in a plain white box. As good as any.

I ordered 2000 lapua 139gr's a few months ago and was told that Lapua sends them in super bulk and then they just weight out what they need to fill the order. PV is very GTG in my book, I have had nothing but top rate service from them, for years.

mike

You don't want to use PV. They sent me 1000 Scenars in a plastic bag. You're better off using Cabela's, Midway, Natchez, etc.

Thats the way they ship bulk Lapua bullets. I just got 2000 123's and they came in 2 white boxes 1000 each. I have always been very happy with the way they package my orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spot69221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a guess but the box probably got the ol shipping crunch. Hardly ever hurts any bullets, and PV is good to go. </div></div>

I suspect this is probably the case--I loaded up 100 of them last night. They seemed as good as any that I have bought before. Just seemed odd they came in a big plastic bag with what was obviously part of a box...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperXJeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lapua does not sell seconds.EVER......... </div></div>

^^ I was wondering.

I ordered some 155 Scenars from a different distributor and they arrived in a ziplock. Must be common amongst businesses right now.

I've ordered many times from PV and never had a problem.

Powder Valley has always been good to deal with for me. I order most all of my powder and primers from them. Good people to deal with.

I've had them send lapua 308 brass in a plastic bag before and 1000 167 scenars in a bag with the lapua box top cut off and thrown in there. But I've ordered from them many times and would have to say they are great to do business with. Always figured they just bought in bulk and weighed it out and sent it on its way.

I have ordered my Lapua brass from them several times, and have never had any problems. They have good pricing and are quick to get my orders on the way.

I never have PV ship anything to me. I just take the 20 minuet drive & pick my order up in person.
They folks at PV are helpful & there is nothing to worry about when dealing with them.

On top of my comment above. They actually called me to verfiy another address I gave them before they shipped just to make sure my CC wasnt stolen. Thats top notch service in my book.

Powder Valley is a top notch outfit to do business with. I have never had any problems with their service or shipping.

My 1000 scenars came in a box that was torn to pieces. It's a long way from Finland to here for a cheap cardboard box to travel. They have always done me right.

I live close to them and always just pick stuff up, but I've never known them to short change anybody and always go out of their way to assist. Might of been water damage to original or something, and like previous said, bad box doesn't hurt the bullets. Good to go in my neck of the woods..........

I have been getting stuff from PV for over 15 years now with not problems whats so ever. Every package has been delivered nothing was ever been lost not even powder. Good people to deal with. They had some problems with primers and powder but who has not. They are good to go in my book.

kn

Powder Valley is good to go in my book. You don't know how good a company's customer service is until you have a problem. I had a problem and they fixed it without hesitation.

TC