• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power COnditioner for RCBS Chargemaster

fracmeister

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2005
Texas
www.troop1960.com
I bought an APC power conditioner (noise filter /surge protector/voltage regulator)for the RCBS Chargemaster.... decided to weigh out some powder and see the variability.

Frankly it was amazing in that with the power conditioner and tweaking the settings of the Chargemaster (see the many other posts) I wound up more or less at +/- a single particle of RL 25 in 50 consecutive throws of up to 100 grains. It wasn't that bad without the power conditioner but 10% of all throws would be off by 0.1 to 0.3 grains ...most at the lower end.

I bought the conditioner for the stereo set up. Much better use now!

FYI. I paid 100$ online

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4197031&Sku=A75-2071

Re: Power COnditioner for RCBS Chargemaster

So you still use the Chargemaster power supply (cube) ? I'm sure a line conditioner would help, but those unregulated power cubes are still electrically noisy and full of artifacts. The reason the line conditioner works is the constant voltage into and thence out of the cube... which by itself is unregulated.

I cut the cord off my power cube, purchased a lab quality 0-30 vdc fully regulated and filtered power supply for $79, set it at 9 vdc and thought that was a good way to go... clean regulated power sure makes a difference.

The APC in the OP's link says conditioning and voltage regulation. That's a damn good price for voltage regulation. My Furman voltage reg. units cost a little over 5 times that, albeit probably overkill for my chargemaster.

oh .....you peoples of the lower caste ,still dabbling's of the un-washed......AVERT your eyes....
ScottyinPrometheusHeavenjpg3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AVERT your eyes....
</div></div>

Those shorts are pretty ugly.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AVERT your eyes....
</div></div>

Those shorts are pretty ugly.....</div></div>

jealous.................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrplinker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought an APC power conditioner (noise filter /surge protector/voltage regulator)for the RCBS Chargemaster.... decided to weigh out some powder and see the variability.

Frankly it was amazing in that with the power conditioner and tweaking the settings of the Chargemaster (see the many other posts) I wound up more or less at +/- a single particle of RL 25 in 50 consecutive throws of up to 100 grains. It wasn't that bad without the power conditioner but 10% of all throws would be off by 0.1 to 0.3 grains ...most at the lower end.

I bought the conditioner for the stereo set up. Much better use now!

FYI. I paid 100$ online

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4197031&Sku=A75-2071

</div></div>

I have a chargemaster on the way - what is the smallest power conditioner I can get away with that still will work to keep the scale accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh .....you peoples of the lower caste ,still dabbling's of the un-washed......AVERT your eyes....
ScottyinPrometheusHeavenjpg3.jpg
</div></div>

Bolt.....you been sipping out the mason jar again
grin.gif