• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

power out all through southern california

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
don't know what happened but power seems to be out all through southern california and nobody knows anything amor jincy preparedness just told us not to use cell phones or landlines only for emergency use only.

Re: power out all through southern california

they had rolling blackouts in Azusa last night, no interuption to power at all here in Pasadena, although my landlord's dad's chiro office lost power today and thats about a mile down the road from me.

End of the World.

California....knows how to party.....

WAIT...SHTF...Get your GO Bags and run to the hills!

Mechanic, I just got off the phone with family in Santee and El Cajon they said the power has been out since 3:30 and SDG&E has no clue what is going on. How come this isn't on the news?

Test run for the new EPA regulations prohibiting cross state pollution (real regs and expensive process to qualify source point emissions in this manner) that are set to effect in 2012. The net effect of these new regs will take 94 power generating facilities off line. BOHICA.

Good luck

scanners coming back with multiple fires in santee. traffic was a b**** getting home tonight the street absolutely parking lots right now. just loaded up on a bunch of ice had to help some vietnamese guys get out of thier liquor store because the door was electric. But got a really good deal on the ice. L o l

It was probably north korea. Step 1

homefront.png

According to official version it was one guy doing something on a substation
Does that sound right? That is terrifying if that's how vulnerable the grid is.

sure makes one wonder as to 'what is it that "they" don't want us to know'?

Supposition aside, this sucks for a whole lot of people and I can just imagine some of the crap that is being dealt with now.

Yeah, I counted 3 maybe 4 reports in the story. Image San Diego's population with New Orleans mentality in this situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Image San Diego's population with New Orleans mentality in this situation.</div></div>

Looterism (a term coined by one of my Lt's post-Katrina) knows no bounds. Admittedly, it occurred, but at least a sporting event win / loss can go without hooliganism, unlike other urban areas. Many lost power here during Lee, but it went without major events.

San Diego is not LA thank goodness. Power came back on for me about 4:00 in the morning. My home computer did not fare well in this outage. I think it took out my power supply. Thing will not power on.