• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PPU 190gn HPBT - COAL?

steppenwolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2008
midwest
A while back I got several bags of these PPU .308/190gn HPBT bullets and am trying to work up an accurate load with Varget.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out a correct COAL. While loading them to 2.800" fit the mag (and would feed out of it just fine), these bullets are either too long or too "fat" and wouldn't chamber at that OAL.

I had to dail them back in the seater die to 2.760" just to get them to chamber. Another problem is that, as I measure each loaded cartridge with calipers, the COAL does vary, sometimes by as much as .010.

Has anybody else encountered these problem? And what loads did you develop with them using Varget?

Also, what COAL for the PPU 190gn bullets did you find worked in your rifle? Mine's a Savage FP10.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

cool.gif

Re: PPU 190gn HPBT - COAL?

*<span style="font-weight: bold">BUMPED</span>* ... for input from the Hide's reloading experts.

I'm surprised no one's tried these PPU "match" 190gn HPBTs.

Way back, Graf's had a great price going on this weight and a few others, like PPU's 168gn HPBT. I was already well stocked with 155gns & 168gns pills, so I thought I'd move up a bit and see how the heavier BT would shoot.

cool.gif