• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PR Heritage 5-25x56 ARD does not fit !

al redneck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2007
B'ham Alabama
Just got my new 5-25 Heritage. I bought a USO ARD for it several months ago. I was told that they would fit just like the USO ARD fits on the 50 mm Heritage. I don't know if this is because they changed the front lip on scope or not but the ARD won't fit. Seriously not pleased. I thought I would save you boys from buying an ARD from USO that won't fit. The 50 mm S&B USO ARD fit my 3-15x 50 just fine but the 56mm S&B won't fit the Heritage 56 mm scope.

david

Re: PR Heritage 5-25x56 ARD does not fit !

Hi David,
I don't know who told you that it would fit, but we have never made anything for the Premier Scopes. We made a small custom run of them for the S&B scopes, but I wouldn't think they would fit the Premier.

We would be happy to make a run of these for the Premier scopes, but we would need a sample scope for a thread guage, and it wouldn't be the highest priority in the machine shop right now.
John III

David,

Have you tried talking to USO about it. I have been to their shop more than once and their customer service is more than awesome. I would give them a call.

Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi David,
I don't know who told you that it would fit, but we have never made anything for the Premier Scopes. We made a small custom run of them for the S&B scopes, but I wouldn't think they would fit the Premier.

We would be happy to make a run of these for the Premier scopes, but we would need a sample scope for a thread guage, and it wouldn't be the highest priority in the machine shop right now.
John III </div></div>

The PR 5-25's are being told to have the same threading as the S&B 56mm ones you made for dfar. Bummer.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vu! go take your scope down to Brea (or anyone else in Cali!!!</span>

Dude, isnt Vu in NorCal? That would be one hell of a drive, worth it im sure, but still one hell of a drive.

Pretty, sure! but Kalifornia traffic?

JBW#3
I know I speak for alot of the boys who would really appreciate it if you made some of your ARD's for the PR Heritage scopes. I recently talked to Scott at LO and told him a good ARD was essential for a scope and he said he agreed. Hopefully you will find time soon to make these. I have done business with USO before, once a sales rep let me down but JBW never has. Thank you for your input JBW.

david

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know, but it'd be a pretty drive down the coast.... </div></div>

Me and the female are going to Carmel/Monterey this weekend. Maybe I can tack on a few hours and just keep on heading south to Brea!

I'll take the S&B 56mm USO ARD off your hands if you dont want it. PM incoming.

beat ya to it smokin
smile.gif

Sorry Smokin, PadronAniversary was quicker on the draw. It is already on its way to him.

david

Perhaps we should ask Premier to make them? It makes no sense to call on USO to make an ARD for a Premier scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps we should ask Premier to make them? It makes no sense to call on USO to make an ARD for a Premier scope. </div></div>

Good point!!
I'd just hate to see a tight honeycomb, USO has the honeycomb just right-actually detracts nada brightness wise yet adds clarity and depth of field.

personally I think for $2800 the 5-25's should come with at least a sunshade......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi David,
I don't know who told you that it would fit, but we have never made anything for the Premier Scopes. We made a small custom run of them for the S&B scopes, but I wouldn't think they would fit the Premier.</div></div>
John, I think the problem may stem from information about the threading on the front of the objective. I spoke with Ian Kenney several months ago and at the time I (<span style="font-style: italic">and from what I gather others as well</span>) had been told that the threading on the S & B and Premier 5-25X 56mm was the same (so, <span style="font-style: italic">theoretically</span> the Sunshades and ARDs' would fit). I have two of these fine ARDs - one is mounted on a S & B and I was planning to use the second on a Premier 5-25X 56mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We would be happy to make a run of these for the Premier scopes, but we would need a sample scope for a thread guage, and it wouldn't be the highest priority in the machine shop right now.
John III </div></div>
John, I understand that there is probably no "slow time" at USO, but if and when USO has a minimal backlog I might be able loan you my Premier 5-25X to facilitate the fabrication and production of a 56mm Sunshade and ARD for the Premier. Just let me know when you guys are ready and able.

Keith

John, sounds like if you do make a run of 56mm ARD's, you should make some for both the S&B as well as the Premier. I know I need one of each, and it looks like a number of others need the S&B as well.

we also need sunshades ARD for the 3-15x 50mm Premier
smile.gif
don't forget us !

The USO ARD works fine for the 3-15x50 Premier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoughIsland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The USO ARD works fine for the 3-15x50 Premier. </div></div>

I dont own a premier, but I think those that do will need you to be a bit more clear as to which model fits the 3-15 premier.

On a related note, I just called USO. They are out of stock on S&B 56mm sunshades, but are planning to make more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Keith,
Sounds good, I will discuss with my machine shop and see what their schedule is looking like.
John III </div></div>
Roger that John. I know that the fit & finish of the Sunshades and ARDs' will be top-notch - just like the rest of the USO product line.

Keith