• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Prairie Dog Hunts

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
I need some help with this....

Recommendations for a prairie dog hunt. Would like a place to go that is safe, private, room and food on location is a plus but hotels near by are fine as well. Obviously, I'm in KY so I don't want an absurd drive but I understand most of these hunts take place in the mid west.

Any information is appreciated!

Re: Prairie Dog Hunts

Not to hijack your thread but I am actually looking for the same thing for myself and a few buddies. Something in TX or OK would be perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to hijack your thread but I am actually looking for the same thing for myself and a few buddies. Something in TX or OK would be perfect. </div></div>

shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SO SORRY... I obviously offended you </div></div>

Pretty sure you didn't offend KYS, he's been around here a long time and has proven to have pretty thick skin and a sense of humor.

Not to hijack your thread KYS but the plague has hit a lot of towns pretty hard this year in multiple states. We were just out over the weekend here in AZ and one area that had several large towns are vacant of a single PD. There are still some good sized towns out there but the larger ones seem to have been decimated.

You are more than welcome to come out to AZ. There are some good towns on public land and I have several great ones on private ranches.

jees kys there are plenty of praire rats here where i live.ya know i was gonna be a smart ass to you but im not gonna instead if you make it out here to gillette wy i offer to take you out to some towns i know of.motels are real close also but ya might have to fly.just a peace offering.

Well if I was not offensive, then I apologize about the comment above and it's context. I only posted in his post because maybe if someone had dog hunts to go on and came here they could see multiple people were interested. I mean some hunt locations are good for some and not others.

Sorry KYS

i know some people who will take you out provide meals lodging pm me if you would like contacts

When we go we stay in hotels and shoot on private land. I am unaware of any outfitters, but I'm sure their are some.
It is a lot of fun when the weather cooperates.

Guys... relax! I was not offended. Just giving you some crap! It's all good. I have been researching and I would really like to book a trip. The plague issue kind of sucks! Seems like its doing the job for us though.

The search continues!
laugh.gif

KY,

Me and some buddies shoot P-Dogs once a year in Western KS. Our favorite spot was forced to poison, but they tried a new spot this year (I couldn't go this year). They said the shooting was good. We usually go in late May or early June.