• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Prairie Dogs in S Dakota

Dyer_MCSO

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hey, I am looking to go prairie doging in S Dakota, and am curious if anyone has a decent spot they could point me towards? Public land would be nice, or ranchers that would be welcoming...When I google I just find "lodges" and places that charge from 100-400 per day...not really looking for that. I am in Iowa, and am leaning towards S Dakota, but I am open to other places that are equal distance. Thanks in advance.

Re: Prairie Dogs in S Dakota

Mobridge area and both reservations here have lots of towns and if you ask around people will let you kill those little bastards

Look at the Lower Brule reservation area. Lots of land and good success rates.

Buffalo Gap National Grasslands, SW SD, lots of dogs and its government land.

funny part about buffalo gap the gfp would not let people use carts to get deer out last year because they would leave wheel marks. Rediculious i know and issues were brought up and i dont know if sorted out but that would be hell packing shit in to pdog hunt.

There are no P-Dogs in SoDak...go away...

Seriously though, go private or tribal land, the grassland stuff gets shot very hard, I know we shoot it every year. It used to be that you would never see another group, but the last three years you have to have you tables set up by sun up to secure a spot as the trucks come rolling in... Really getting turned off by all the traffic, so much for solitude...