• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Praise the Lord and kill a Cop? WTF??

Phil1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Minot N.D.
March 29, 2010

<span style="font-weight: bold">Indictment: Hutaree militia planned to kill law officer, attack the funeral procession
</span>
PAUL EGAN AND MIKE WILKINSON
The Detroit News

Detroit -- Nine members of a Lenawee County-based militia group were planning to "levy war" against the United States and "oppose by force" the nation's government, according to an indictment unsealed this morning in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

Seven of the defendants of the "Hutaree" militia appeared briefly this morning in U.S. District Court in Detroit and were ordered held without bond until Wednesday, when bond hearings will be held. Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronald Waterstreet said he wants all the defendants held pending trial.

The five-count indictment alleges that between August 2008 and the present, the defendants were trying to use bombs and other weapons to oppose the U.S. government.

They had plans to kill a local law enforcement official and, once officers from across the country came to the funeral, to attack the funeral procession, the indictment alleges.

"This is an example of radical and extremist fringe groups which can be found throughout our society," said Andrew Arena, FBI special agent in charge. "The FBI takes such extremist groups seriously, especially those who would target innocent citizens and the law enforcement officers who protect the citizens of the United States."

The eight men and one woman are members of the Hutaree, identified as an "anti-government extremist organization" in the indictment, and each faces three to five charges, including sedition, attempts to use weapons of mass destruction, teaching/demonstrating use of explosive materials and two counts of carrying weapons in relation to a crime of violence.

The Adrian-based group has said it is training in modern combat techniques for a prophesized battle with the anti-Christ.

Accused are: David Brian Stone, 45; his wife, Tina Stone, 44; his son, Joshua Matthew Stone, 21, all three of Clayton; and his other son, David Brian Stone Jr., 19, of Adrian. Also accused are Joshua Clough, 28, of Blissfield; Michael Meeks, 40 of Manchester; Thomas Piatek, 46, of Whiting, Ind.; Kristopher Sickles, 27, of Sandusky, Ohio; and Jacob Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio.

Federal authorities say they acted as a Lenawee County militia group called the Hutaree and viewed local, state, and federal law enforcement as the "brotherhood," their enemy, and have been preparing to engage them in armed conflict.

If convicted, the suspects could face up to life in prison, the maximum penalty on the attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction. The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, as does the teaching the use of explosives charge. The possession of a firearm charge carries a minimum penalty of five years in prison.

According to federal authorities, the group had identified a Michigan law enforcement officer as a potential target. Their idea was to kill that officer and when law enforcement officials from around the country came to the area for the funeral, they would attack the procession with improvised explosive devices and "explosively formed projectiles." They hoped the attack would serve as a "catalyst for a more wide-spread uprising against the government."

A scouting mission was planned for April and, if someone had stumbled upon the mission, the Hutaree decided they could be killed, according to the indictment.

It was this mission that prompted the raids, said Barbara McQuade, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan.

"Because the Hutaree had planned a covert reconnaissance operation for April which had the potential of placing an unsuspecting member of the public at risk, the safety of the public and of the law enforcement community demanded intervention at this time," she said in a prepared statement.

In February, the elder David Brian Stone had tried to go to Kentucky for a so-called summit of militia groups convened by Stone. He intended to develop better communications, cooperation and coordination with the groups. However, poor weather precluded him from attending.

Before going, however, Stone solicited a person he felt could develop four anti-personnel IEDs to take with him to the summit.

Later in February, the group conducted training operations in Lenawee County to plan for the reconnaissance mission.

The indictment also says Stone had identified a law enforcement unit near his residence as a potential target, although the indictment does not say who.

Their goal was to "intimidate and demoralize law enforcement, diminishing their ranks and rendering them ineffective," according to the indictment. The group then intended to use the incident to spark a "war" against law enforcement, using bombs, ambushes and prepared fighting positions.

Donna Stone, the ex-wife of David Stone Sr., said her husband's growing radicalism was a factor in their breakup. She said the couple was married about 10 years ago and divorced about three years ago. David Stone Jr. is her son by another man and is not David Stone Sr.'s natural son, she said. Joshua Stone, who is still at large, is David Stone Sr.'s son with another woman, Donna Stone said.

"You pray as a family, you stay together as a family," Stone said. "When he got carried away, when he went from handguns to big guns, it's like, now I'm done."

Members of the self-described Christian militia were arrested in weekend raids in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois.

The suspects are expected to appear in Detroit in front of U.S. Magistrate Judge Donald A. Scheer; one may appear in court this morning in Indiana.

Mike Lackomar of Michigan-Militia.com said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats against Islamic organizations.

Although there had been reports the Hutaree may have targeted Muslims, there is no mention in the indictment of any threats against them.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations issued a statement Sunday asking federal law enforcement officials to release more information about possible threats against Muslims.

"Given the recent sharp spike CAIR offices nationwide have observed in anti-Islam rhetoric, it would not be surprising that an extremist group would seek to turn that bigoted rhetoric into violent actions," said Nihad Awad, CAIR national executive director in Washington.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100329/...eral-procession

Re: Praise the Lord and kill a Cop? WTF??

I don't see the correlation between being angry at the US government, and trying to kill some cops.

I don't know if I believe everything that is coming out of the news. Why is it we only hear of these types of groups when only cretin people are in the white house? Now I don’t know anything about what’s going on, but a Christian group planning something like this? I find it kinda hard to let that one get by. I also try to see the best in people.

What kind of clandestine "anti-government" group, bent on this type of crime post themselves all over the internet? Very bizarre...

One happend practically in my in-laws back yard. My mother in law called flippin out about low flying choppers.

I jokingly said this is the first anti christian/religion movment.

As said above I really dont understand why these anti-giv people would attack cops. Other than the fact they are the biggest show of authority and goverment that is there. Being a cop I always like to see it from the side that cops are only there to protect people. You speed and get a ticket to slow you down and save your life and another. You get busted for drugs to clean your life up and save it. There is also the obvious stuff as well.

why kill a cop if they hated the goverment so much, and post themsleves on the internet it seems a bit fishy to me.

Lucky for the feds that these folks were morons. Wonder what they are doing about the real problem of the ones that don't advertise. I think some folks call them islamic terrorists or some such.

In case it didn't come through in written form, that last bit was sarcasm.

Just imagine if they would have somehow killed a couple of people first, like a few cops. Then they could have gotten off on a technicality.

Then a few years later they could have a party and host a future dem president.

I'm just saying...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Council on American-Islamic Relations issued a statement Sunday asking federal law enforcement officials to release more information about possible threats against Muslims.
</div></div>
LOL,
CAIR endorsement of places like Islamberg would be a good place to start. Not winning any friends with that kind of community outreach. Oh, and all those CAIR docs seized by the FBI last year the night before they were to be returned to them outlining their terrorist ties and threats against americans and how to dismantle the union as a whole, those would be another good place to look.

I want crackpots everywhere to be dismantled, but are we seriously to believe that we can dig up dirt on folks like this militia group but not any of the numerous terrorist training camps within our borders? Really? These guys come off more like those meth-heads they caught supposedly aiming for O, so fruity they can't even be taken credibly. Can't they find one truly worthy bust if they want to start up the militia fear again, and one where the feds aren't doing all the planning and weapons procurement like the recent church bombers?

intolerant religious nutballs threaten acts of violence on account of their fantasy world views. Color me shocked.

Glad they got caught and no police were harmed in the process.

Hope they enjoy the illegal gay marriage in prison(hint I'm talking about man rapes).

They should have studied classic coup theory. Killing a state based cop has nothing to do with overthrowing the U.S. gov. I always thought groups like this were retarded. Real change comes in the form of law making abilities. They should have spent their time going into politics where real change can occur, that's my goal...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if I believe everything that is coming out of the news. Why is it we only hear of these types of groups when only cretin people are in the white house? Now I don’t know anything about what’s going on, but a Christian group planning something like this? I find it kinda hard to let that one get by. I also try to see the best in people. </div></div>

+1

This seems pretty fishy, ecspecially after the signing of the health care bill last week. Seems a lot like propaganda to me.

Latest:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100401/METRO/4010413/1409/Feds-infiltrated-militia-group

From that story;
"Prosecutors said the Hutaree members were planning to kill a police officer -- and then attack the resulting funeral procession with bombs and mortars.

And Waterstreet suggested they had a target on the tiny Hudson Police force. He said Stone was irritated because one officer was known to ask motorists for identification even if they were stuck on the road with a flat tire.

After the agent asked if Stone was intent on killing one of the officers, Stone replied, "We're gonna pop every one of them," Waterstreet said."