• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Pre-64 Win Mod 70 Scope Base

Hundo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
When building a custom pre-64, what do you guys do for scope bases. Chad Dixon is going to build me 2 heavy recoiling rifles (33 Nosler and 300 PRC) and I have been all over the internet looking for "period correct" bases that I feel comfortable with. At this point, maybe Chad can just machine something.

When building a custom pre-64, what do you guys do for scope bases. Chad Dixon is going to build me 2 heavy recoiling rifles (33 Nosler and 300 PRC) and I have been all over the internet looking for "period correct" bases that I feel comfortable with. At this point, maybe Chad can just machine something.
PS One action is a 1962 (33 Nosler), the other is being sourced. I am am hoping a .375 H&H length action can accommodate 300 PRC. Will make a hell of an Elk/Moose rifle.

Almost any modern long action base should work for the 1962 action. H&H ‘s are a different matter. They used different rear hole spacing over the years, but Chad could change that.