• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pre baby rifle

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I told the wife there’s one more rifle I need before a kid happens. I’m honestly torn between an LMT MWS, SR25 and a SCAR 20.

1) I’d like to use this for DMR field style matches and hunting, so weight is an important factor.

2) I want to keep the caliber as a 308 for ammo availability and reliability since these companies have this caliber as a factory option. I know 6.5cm is ballistically superior, but I’m not interested in the caliber.

3) I’d like to keep the barrel length no longer than 18” so the SCAR barrel would need to be chopped. I’m a short dude and long barrels with suppressors are a pain in the ass. Also shorter barrels are lighter.

4) most of my shooting will be inside 1k. I have a 16” 5.56 recce rifle with an LPVO, so this is filling the void of a little more distance past 600 and more energy on target.

Mws
Run it with a standard 16" 308 upper in the short term or you can run a stag upper if you wanna play with a 6mm or 6.5 mil gasser later without breaking the bank. Can slap a kac upper on there one day too if you want.... Best of both worlds imo

20210327_160654.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0011.jpg

If you’re wife is like mine, she will hold you to that “one last rifle” comment… And then you have to admit to her it was a lie, and the vicious cycle repeats.

With the new SCAR’s having fixed charging handles, they definitely gained a few points in my book but you mentioned you would have to chop the barrel down some on it…. You wouldn’t want to spend that kind of money on a rifle and then pay even more to cut a barrel down. I would lean more toward the other two options but you’re probably going to be waiting a little bit on either one of those unless you luck up and find one in stock somewhere.

If you want somthing investment grade get the sr25, other wise the other 2 are great, scar 20 really shoots well.

I told the wife there’s one more rifle I need before a kid happens. I’m honestly torn between an LMT MWS, SR25 and a SCAR 20.

1) I’d like to use this for DMR field style matches and hunting, so weight is an important factor.

2) I want to keep the caliber as a 308 for ammo availability and reliability since these companies have this caliber as a factory option. I know 6.5cm is ballistically superior, but I’m not interested in the caliber.

3) I’d like to keep the barrel length no longer than 18” so the SCAR barrel would need to be chopped. I’m a short dude and long barrels with suppressors are a pain in the ass. Also shorter barrels are lighter.

4) most of my shooting will be inside 1k. I have a 16” 5.56 recce rifle with an LPVO, so this is filling the void of a little more distance past 600 and more energy on target.
I do have SCAR 20s but the weight ???!!! for Hunting ??? with scope ~~~

I have a Seekins SP10 personal, and a SR25 at work. I would pick the Seekins or LMT

IMO, end user maintainability of the system should weigh in on the decision.

Who’s parts are easiest to source?
Does it have to go to the mfg for a repair?
Etc.

Don't own them but have had the opportunity to fire them. Well the scar 17 not 20.

I liked them in order if SR25>SCAR>MWS.

LMT was heavy but it was more the nose heavy balance I didn't like. Add a suppressor it's even worse.

No complaints on the SR25. It was great suppressed as well.

The scar was good but ergonomically I just prefer an AR style.

Reactions: NormanChang