• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pre-fit barrels with Christensen Arms action receiver

ScottWI44

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2020
Just wondering if anyone out there has threaded a pre-fit into a Christensen Arms action. Since it’s a REM 700 footprint I’d assume a 700 pre-fit would work, but I can’t find anything out there to confirm or deny my assumption.

Pretty sure there aren't any shouldered prefits. Can't see why a nut wouldn't work, or pick a smith, let him measure your action, and you can have shouldered prefits from them forever.

Buddy of mine just had one re barreled w/ a Proof blank by Stumpies Guns in Swansboro, NC.

Hope this helps!

Im
Just wondering if anyone out there has threaded a pre-fit into a Christensen Arms action. Since it’s a REM 700 footprint I’d assume a 700 pre-fit would work, but I can’t find anything out there to confirm or deny my assumption.
I’m bot sure what your goal is. You can call Christensen and have them rebarrel it. It’s about $850.

I called bugholes about this and to see about they’re barrel nut prefit. They weren’t sure and said I could send the barrel to confirm. Would be nice to know

I called bugholes about this and to see about they’re barrel nut prefit. They weren’t sure and said I could send the barrel to confirm. Would be nice to know
Yeah, I e been asking everyone and can’t get a definite answer. I know I can spin a blank on but just curious about the prefit.

Reactions: nealm66
Not really, nobody has confirmed that a 700 pre fit will twist on a Christensen action. But I’ll find out in about two months when I try.

This might help- seems like others have confirmed normal Rem action threads… should be able to take a Remage prefit with a nut.

This might help- seems like others have confirmed normal Rem action threads… should be able to take a Remage prefit with a nut.

Perfect, question answered

I was looking to get a remage style barrel made and one of the options was an m16 style extractor cut, anybody know if that’s needed for a CA Model 14 action?

I was looking to get a remage style barrel made and one of the options was an m16 style extractor cut, anybody know if that’s needed for a CA Model 14 action?

Does your bolt have an M16 extractor? Search some pics of bolts if you don't know the difference. Without M16, counterbore is around 0.71 and with M16, 0.735-0.785, my 700 barrel is cut 0.75 for an LRI extractor.

Does your bolt have an M16 extractor? Search some pics of bolts if you don't know the difference. Without M16, counterbore is around 0.71 and with M16, 0.735-0.785, my 700 barrel is cut 0.75 for an LRI extractor.
Thanks for the info. I still have the factory barrel so I measured it at 0.735 counterbore. I appreciate your help!

Yeah, I e been asking everyone and can’t get a definite answer. I know I can spin a blank on but just curious about the prefit.
Unless CA kept the timing and spacing well documented and consistent through the entire run of actions, you can't just screw on any barrel that fits another 700 footprint action - There is a reason that barrels are offered for different R700 actions, like the Fuzion and the defiance - Each is going to have different spacing and thread starts.

As mentioned above, you can have a smith measure your action and spin barrels for you all day for that action, or you can buy an action that has documented measurements and prefits available (i.e. lone peak, defiance, AI, etc).

Black Canyon Customs in Denver, CO will measure your action and send you prefits for your action, they do a fantastic job.

Reactions: KPthePreLander