• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

StraightShooter77

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2020
Arizona
Oh Contraire I say!!!

We are living in 2020 here not 2000 and with modern CNC machines and techniques pre-fit barrels are better than ever before. At Straight Jacket Armory we know this to be true! https://straightjacketarmory.com/product-category/pre-fit-barrels/

Saying "pre-fits suck" isn't the wisest thing we've heard lately but we'll just leave it at that.

We felt inspired to create a new discount code for our pre-fit barrels. So check this out.... Pre-fit barrels from Straight Jacket Armory do not suck, and we know you will love how they shoot!

SO order one of our pre-fits and get $40 off the cost of your your barrel and ship it to you for free! Use code prefitssuck! (lowercase)

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

Last edited:
Folks - I just sent my tikka action in, yes they do Tikka. My Tikka action has been modified thus they need it to be sure. Call them to check on factory Tikka action pre-fits, dont see a reason they'll say no.

do you have a 26 inch MTU or close for PRS in a 6gt or 6 creed for a kelbys or Bighorn SR3 in stock..Need one for a PRS match in 10 days

@StraightShooter77 What’s the turn around time on these? I see there’s all sorts of options including threading and cerakote on there.

I would give them a call. Turnaround time isn't that fast, they have a lead time of 4-8 weeks. Most of that time though is barrel supplies as they're making so many barrels they will cycle through Proof, Bartlein, Benchmark. You can do a rush order, but it'll cost an extra $100, and they could cut you a barrel and ship it within 1-2 days if they have the contour, and twist you want.

They will do right by you in terms of customer service. If it doesn't shoot or meet your expectations they will make it right. Great CS and great products does lead to a problem - lead time / busy, as they're just churning barrels non stop, and taking the time to make sure it's the highest quality.

I have a 6GT and a 308 barrel and will go back to them when my 6GT burns out.

@StraightShooter77 What’s the turn around time on these? I see there’s all sorts of options including threading and cerakote on there.
Straight Jacket Armory had some good increases in production capacity lately so our production lead times are improving for sure.

As Littlepod noted, most of the time it is the suppliers that are slowing us down because we are awaiting order deliveries on actions, bottom metals, barrels, stocks etc.

Ask Nick likes to say, "We're not making $10 pizzas here!" ;)

"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!" plus "If it's done right, it's definitely worth the wait" - author unknown

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

do you have a 26 inch MTU or close for PRS in a 6gt or 6 creed for a kelbys or Bighorn SR3 in stock..Need one for a PRS match in 10 days
what about 6 mm heavy palma? Pretty sure we have these on hand. Call me at 307 707-3181 Ext 1

Not yet. We need the action because we square up the face of the action and remove a little material from the face of the action which opens it up to accept 1.2 and 1.25" shouldered barrels

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

@StraightShooter77 (or anyone else) - can you clarify a question for me. Does that squared Tikka action then have compatibility with other common / standard prefits in either a 1.2" or 1.25" shank?

Got my first Tikka on the way, researching prefits / shouldered barrels, and am trying to learn the lingo...

Jam up group of guys here! I ordered two 22 creedmoor barrels with them an 18” and a 24”. When they arrived they were both 18”. I called and visited with nick and he checked his notes and told me to keep the barrel and he would send me another that was 24”. That one simple act cost him less than $300 for a blank at dealer pricing and earned him a customer for life! Nick is a great guy and would recommend his work to anyone as they make shooters!

Well, I've decided to give SJA a try and put in my order for an AI Prefit for my AT, a Heavy Palma 6.5 Creedmoor finished at 26" with FDE finish. Hopefully the wait time won't be too long and looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

@StraightShooter77 (or anyone else) - can you clarify a question for me. Does that squared Tikka action then have compatibility with other common / standard prefits in either a 1.2" or 1.25" shank?

Got my first Tikka on the way, researching prefits / shouldered barrels, and am trying to learn the lingo...

Yes you got it! Once the action face is opened up and taken back a bit you can run 1.2 or 1.25" diameter shank barrels. We can do this for your at Straight Jacket Armory so call if you have any questions at all 307-707-3181 Ext 1

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

Reactions: Lesch
Nick and his team are working on my Proof TAC II as we speak, installing a WTO SwitchLug, modding the existing 24" 6mm Creedmoor Proof CF barrel, chambering a 22" Proof CF in 7mm SAW, a 16.5" Proof CF in 22 Creedmoor, and bedding a new Manners EH4...oh, and all within about 8 weeks.

Reactions: StraightShooter77
I remember I took a chance with SJA and sent Nick my IMPACT action for mapping a program . A few barrels later and now may of my buddies are also sporting SJA prefits in there rifles and loving the hell out of them . They don't disappoint.

@StraightShooter77

Terminus Zeus
MDT ACC
Straight Jacket Proof Comp Contour 24" 308 w/ Shot Caller Gen II brake.

1592764754617.png

First 5 shot group out of the barrel after 2 shots to sight in. FGMM 168gr SMK

1592764894973.png

I remember I took a chance with SJA and sent Nick my IMPACT action for mapping a program . A few barrels later and now may of my buddies are also sporting SJA prefits in there rifles and loving the hell out of them . They don't disappoint.
I thought impacts didnt need mapping? Unless mapping means something I dont understand.

Reactions: StraightShooter77
If you guys would start chambering Tikka prefits as they come without turning the action face and where I wouldn’t have to send in my action, I would try you out. I wouldnt want my action molested to where factory takeoffs and other prefits wouldn't work. Consider it if you will. You would get swamped with Tikkas if you did.

Oh Contraire I say!!!

We are living in 2020 here not 2000 and with modern CNC machines and techniques pre-fit barrels are better than ever before. At Straight Jacket Armory we know this to be true! https://straightjacketarmory.com/product-category/pre-fit-barrels/

Saying "pre-fits suck" isn't the wisest thing we've heard lately but we'll just leave it at that.

We felt inspired to create a new discount code for our pre-fit barrels. So check this out.... Pre-fit barrels from Straight Jacket Armory do not suck, and we know you will love how they shoot!

SO order one of our pre-fits and get $40 off the cost of your your barrel and ship it to you for free! Use code prefitssuck! (lowercase)

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

you guys doing anything with bergara actions yet?

I'm just in the market for a new barrel and the fact that you offer 7" and 7.5" twists on 6.5 is dragging me to you over the PROOF i was planning for.

Bighorn arms says that any ORIGIN barrel will also fit a TL3 Long Action as they have the same Tenon length. (.890") and that only the SA TL3 is the oddball at (.790")...

Do you make the TL3 LA and the Origin the same way?

I'm just in the market for a new barrel and the fact that you offer 7" and 7.5" twists on 6.5 is dragging me to you over the PROOF i was planning for.

Bighorn arms says that any ORIGIN barrel will also fit a TL3 Long Action as they have the same Tenon length. (.890") and that only the SA TL3 is the oddball at (.790")...

Do you make the TL3 LA and the Origin the same way?
Yes pretty much. You can see our barrel process video here

Reactions: bgavin
If you guys would start chambering Tikka prefits as they come without turning the action face and where I wouldn’t have to send in my action, I would try you out. I wouldnt want my action molested to where factory takeoffs and other prefits wouldn't work. Consider it if you will. You would get swamped with Tikkas if you did.
I second this option!☝

Reactions: wade2big
Checkout their site. They added the option
Nice I hadn't seen that! I'm looking at these barrels and Preferred Barrel Blanks. Any reason to pay ~$100 more for the straight jacket barrel? Does anyone have any experience with either?

Nice I hadn't seen that! I'm looking at these barrels and Preferred Barrel Blanks. Any reason to pay ~$100 more for the straight jacket barrel? Does anyone have any experience with either?
There’s a thread on the bolt action section about PBB you may want to check out.

Well, just ordered a 1:7.5 twist 6.5 CM barrel for my TL3 Long Action.

Let's see what i can do with those 153.5gr bergers :)

SJA prefits have given me and friends excellent results. In fact my whole shooting team is shooting his barrels. My dasher shoots 1/2 to 1/4 moa no matter the load. I just pick a velocity for the match and shoot. We have been winning matches with his barrels. All of us, are getting the same results. I have another one on order and will continue to order them. Thanks Nick for producing excellent barrel work!

And thanks @midwestoffroad for finding them for me!

Well, I've decided to give SJA a try and put in my order for an AI Prefit for my AT, a Heavy Palma 6.5 Creedmoor finished at 26" with FDE finish. Hopefully the wait time won't be too long and looking forward to seeing how it shoots.
I ordered a terminus action with a 6.5 cm comp barrel. It was well worth the wait! “They not selling $10 pizzas”

Reactions: littlepod