• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pre-workout supps.

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    I remember back in the day when there was the real ultimate orange, the stuff that smelled like horse piss and tasted about the same, but it yolked ya up to get through the hardest, longest workout. The old Ripped Fuel in the glass bottle got u pretty cranked as well, haven't found anything even close to these as preworkout supps besides M.A.P Arson, then Cinch here on the hide introduced me to Jack3d, some of the best preworkout powder I've taken for a while IMHO, makes that 4a.m. alarm clock a pleasure to wake up to!!! whats some of the good stuff you guys take to get that edge?

Re: Pre-workout supps.

MuscleTech Intravol for me, drink while your working out.
    I drink about half pretty fast then sip the rest during work out.
    It get's you going during your workout and no crash afterwards.
    It's a bit pricey but worth it for me.
    It also contains the L-Glutamine and creatine so that saves me 1 serving of each that I don't have to take after workout.

My favorite is:
    1 scoop BSN NO-Xplode
    1 scoop Pro Source Myosurge
    1 scoop Pro Source Beta Alanine

The combination really gets me going.

Jack3d is about the best I've found. Not a lot of fillers, gets you up, and I don't get a tolerance for it like n.o. explode and some of the others. Not a bad price either. I like n.o. shotgun by VPX too.

Skinney, I knew you'd like the Jack! Hell, I got my wife to try it and she actually got up and cleaned the house! I like that it's so concentrated that you don't have to take a huge serving that fills you up.

Ultimate Orange is back I beleive, those worked because they had real ephedrine and caffiene in them. Old bodybuilder trick to cut up was a stack caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin stack three times a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MuscleTech Intravol for me, drink while your working out.
    I drink about half pretty fast then sip the rest during work out.
    It get's you going during your workout and no crash afterwards.
    It's a bit pricey but worth it for me.
    It also contains the L-Glutamine and creatine so that saves me 1 serving of each that I don't have to take after workout. </div></div>

+1 for Intravol. I put a a few scoops of fruit punch into red gatorade. Seems to get me kick started. I slam half the bottle prior to workout and sip on the rest during the workout. Its also important to note that you need to still be drinking plenty of water with this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluewaters182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack3d is about the best I've found. Not a lot of fillers, gets you up, and I don't get a tolerance for it like n.o. explode and some of the others. Not a bad price either. I like n.o. shotgun by VPX too. </div></div>
    jack3d has 1,3 dimethylamylamine in it....thats why its so awesome....

i buy 1,3 dimethylamylamine caps by primaforce and take a couple before i work out.....the stuff is awesome...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ECA Stack

Efedra
    Caffeine
    Aspirin

Good luck </div></div>
    i use a EC stack.....no aspirin.....makes my blood pressure to low..

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluewaters182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack3d is about the best I've found. Not a lot of fillers, gets you up, and I don't get a tolerance for it like n.o. explode and some of the others. Not a bad price either. I like n.o. shotgun by VPX too. </div></div>
    jack3d has 1,3 dimethylamylamine in it....thats why its so awesome....

i buy 1,3 dimethylamylamine caps by primaforce and take a couple before i work out.....the stuff is awesome...

bench </div></div>

thanks bench I'll check it out. I like the beta alanine in it too, makes me all tingly!
    Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skinney, I knew you'd like the Jack! Hell, I got my wife to try it and she actually got up and cleaned the house! I like that it's so concentrated that you don't have to take a huge serving that fills you up. </div></div>
    LMAO, trying to get my wife to take a scoop, maybe she'll get up and clean house!!! You were right Cinch, its some good stuff, 3 heapers gets you going like no other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimate Orange is back I beleive, those worked because they had real ephedrine and caffiene in them. Old bodybuilder trick to cut up was a stack caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin stack three times a day. </div></div>
    tried it, its watered down junk compared to old stuff, although i heard a yr or two ago ephedra was legal in supps again, but haven't seen much of it, it needs to be back on the market, its completely safe if you know how to use it!!!

While you can use ECA for cutting, there are substantially better options. ECA is a pretty good jump start for a short period.

Thermogenic supplements do a better job of helping you cut b/c they raise core temp and thus force the burning of calories throughout the entire day.

A legal example of a thermogenic supplement would be Hoodia.

A non legal example would be Clenbuterol or Anavar.

Regardless of which you choose to use, know how to use it, how long to use it, how long to cycle off of it. Also you may want to take some Benadryl at night to help you sleep.

Good luck

Aspirin taken on a sustained basis can cause bleeding disorders.

Hemo Rage Black does it for me...one to one and a half scoops in ten ounces of water. Awesome pumps no crash...keeps me going all day.

I prefer a large black coffee, good and cheap imo. But as Mo said clenis an option, even saves muscle from being lost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skinney, I knew you'd like the Jack! Hell, I got my wife to try it and she actually got up and cleaned the house! I like that it's so concentrated that you don't have to take a huge serving that fills you up. </div></div>
    LMAO, trying to get my wife to take a scoop, maybe she'll get up and clean house!!! You were right Cinch, its some good stuff, 3 heapers gets you going like no other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimate Orange is back I beleive, those worked because they had real ephedrine and caffiene in them. Old bodybuilder trick to cut up was a stack caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin stack three times a day. </div></div>
    <span style="font-weight: bold">tried it, its watered down junk compared to old stuff, although i heard a yr or two ago ephedra was legal in supps again, but haven't seen much of it, it needs to be back on the market, its completely safe if you know how to use it!!! </span></div></div>
    when duchaine died many of the best supplements died with him...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluewaters182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack3d is about the best I've found. Not a lot of fillers, gets you up, and I don't get a tolerance for it like n.o. explode and some of the others. Not a bad price either. I like n.o. shotgun by VPX too. </div></div>

+1 with Jack3d

I have also taken, Muscle pharm Assault, worked a lil, but mostly made my head itch/tingle, nothin like jack3d

jack3d is good, i like black powder also, not a fan of nano vapor or noxplode.

I'm really not down with the whole pre-workout supplement necessarily, but definitely go for the morning and afternoon vitamins.

I like lots of water to keep me going and the whey shake afterwards is a MUST with another casein drink before bed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chicken and rice. </div></div>

Perfect!! But I'm more of a cadio guy than a bulked up weightlifter guy, although I've been to both sides of the spectrum. At 53, it means more to me to be able to run a sub 45 minute 10K, than to bench press a short bus full of football players. I still lift 3 times a week but not the heavies like the past. And even in my heavy lifting days of my 20's and 30's I never took any sups. Your body gets what it needs through proper diet...something I've always believed.

For the of you using the ECA stack , try swapping out the asprine for 5mg Yohimbe HCL , Yohimbe has a better fat burning effect alone than the whole eca stack does together but when Yo is stacked with ephedrine and caffine they all work togther to make a great stack. The combo workes together in the body as a thermogenic , very effective.
    Take 3-4 times a day at 200mg caffine , 25mg Ephedrine and 5mg Yohimbe.
    Take a 25mg Benedryl at night for two reasons
    1) helps you sleep as this stack will keep you wired from hrs
    2) it helps clear the receptors from getting saturated from the ephedrine , if you run the ECY stack for a severl weeks you will notice that you need a little more to get the same kick , this is due to the receptors getting sattruated and not being able to use all of it at once , Ketofene works alot better than benedryl but not legal so dont risk it !!
    The illegal drug clenbuteral can be found and does work well but it is VERY hard your your heart and certainly not worth the risk , it doen't work so much better that the ECY to justtify the legality or heart risk.

<span style="color: #CC0000">for me 1hr per workout </span>,
    200mg caffine , 25mg ephedrine , 5mg yohimbe HCL ,1000mg Vit-C
    2000mg Argineine ethyl ester , 100mg red wine extract 200mg gree tea extract. 25g whey protein and a large apple , 1 tablespoon Almond butter.

<span style="color: #CC0000">during workout </span>, 15 grams BCAA's 25g Waxy Maize starch

<span style="color: #CC0000">Post workout </span>, 50g whey protein , 50g Waxy maize starch

<span style="color: #CC0000">1hr after training </span>, 12oz 97% lean beef , 4oz sweet potato

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgwelsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">double shot of espresso. </div></div>

Yep. Once I feel that my breakfast has digested, all it takes is a good amount of coffee and ready to go!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammyband</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgwelsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">double shot of espresso. </div></div>

Yep. Once I feel that my breakfast has digested, all it takes is a good amount of coffee and ready to go! </div></div>

Yea me to , the the bathroom
    not sure why but coffee is a better laxitive for me than ex-lax.
    I have never figured out how some people can drink coffee all damn day

Hemo Rage concentrate is what I use.It's crazy potent ,best stuff I've ever used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammyband</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgwelsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">double shot of espresso. </div></div>

Yep. Once I feel that my breakfast has digested, all it takes is a good amount of coffee and ready to go! </div></div>

Yea me to , the the bathroom
    not sure why but coffee is a better laxitive for me than ex-lax.
    I have never figured out how some people can drink coffee all damn day </div></div>

Yep. Agreed. I have about 5 minutes, then it's bathroom time. But anything with caffeine will do that to me.

<span style="font-size: 23pt">JACKED 3D !!!!</span>
    mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ECA Stack

Efedra
    Caffeine
    Aspirin

Good luck </div></div>

Thought ephedrine was outlawed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zack-s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Thought ephedrine was outlawed? </div></div>

It was outlawed for use in diet supplements , it was never pulled off the market as as asthma med which is what its degined for. You can still get it from the pharmacy but its behind the counter and you have to sign for it like the old fasion sinus meds.

Bronkaid is 25mg Ephedrine and 200mg Guaifenesin .
    Primatene has 12.5mg Ephedrine and 200mg Guaifenesin

It makes me laugh to here someone talking about Clen being illegal. I mean, it is, but for someone to say "it's not worth the risk, like your smuggling a kilo of blow across the border....I just find it numerous.

Clen is actually pretty rough on people that have a low tolerance for it. It's not that great of a fat burner unless your taking a max dose and often the max dose can make you feel so horrible that it's really not worth it. It can give you extreme headaches, severe muscle cramps if your not taking a pottasium supp along with it, makes you sweat like a pig, and just all around crappy feeling. People that say it didnt make them feel like this were not taking their max dose and most likely not getting the benefits from it.

Pre-workout for me:
    1 hour before: chicken and rice....alot.
    30 min before: 2.5 scoops of Jack3d.
    5 min before going in the gym: Pin 3-4 I/U's of Humilin R insulin
    Workout for 90 min: slin will peak at 90-120 minutes
    Imediatley post work out: 60grms of whey, 5grms glutemine, 5grms creatine and a handful of BCAA's.
    1 hour post work out: another chicken breast and a small serving of rice if your feeling hypo.

****Please do not read this and decide to try taking insulin pre-workout unless you throughly research it. Insulin can kill you if you don't know what your doing and know your body well!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Pre-workout for me:
    1 hour before: chicken and rice....alot.
    30 min before: 2.5 scoops of Jack3d.
    5 min before going in the gym: Pin 3-4 I/U's of Humilin R insulin
    Workout for 90 min: slin will peak at 90-120 minutes
    Imediatley post work out: 60grms of whey, 5grms glutemine, 5grms creatine and a handful of BCAA's.
    1 hour post work out: another chicken breast and a small serving of rice if your feeling hypo.

****Please do not read this and decide to try taking insulin pre-workout unless you throughly research it. Insulin can kill you if you don't know what your doing and know your body well!!! </div></div>

Well it looks like you have done your homework , though I don't reccomend anybody using insulin that is not diabetic.
    What are your goals for using such a protocal?

My goal is to gain muscle mass, it's been my goal for the past 12yrs. I started out at 145 pounds and I'm now at a very solid 210 pounds. As far as the insulin, it works as a transport agent through your body. On it's own, your body can only absorb so much nutrients in a given time. Your muscles need these nutrients post workout, but they are limited to the amount they receive by how much your body can deliver to them. This is where the insulin comes in at. It's all about uptake. If your interested in it do some research on it, but make sure your info is coming from a reliable source and not some Jack Wagon from bodybuilding.com. If you'd like to discuss more in depth, PM me. I'd be happy to help you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My goal is to gain muscle mass, it's been my goal for the past 12yrs. I started out at 145 pounds and I'm now at a very solid 210 pounds. As far as the insulin, it works as a transport agent through your body. On it's own, your body can only absorb so much nutrients in a given time. Your muscles need these nutrients post workout, but they are limited to the amount they receive by how much your body can deliver to them. This is where the insulin comes in at. It's all about uptake. If your interested in it do some research on it, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">but make sure your info is coming from a reliable source and not some Jack Wagon from bodybuilding.com.</span></span> If you'd like to discuss more in depth, PM me. I'd be happy to help you. </div></div>

There is a great deal of intelligent people on that site, so I wouldn't exclude that site. It's prob one of the biggest sites on the net that deals with Body building, Lifting, eating, etc, etc.

I use the ECA, as well as, ECY stack.. I also used Ready4War, by Diesel Nutrition, that was pretty intense. With any pre-workout supp though, you gain a tolerance, so it's best to cylce on and off of it..

I also consume protein pre,during, and after workout.. Protein is in juice form for the pre and during workout. Then post it's a shake.. I also consume Xtend(BCAA's) pre and during my workout.

I'm not knocking bodybuilding.com, but rather the multitude of incorrect information that gets passed along on that site. I'm not saying that it's all wrong, but there are alot of members there giving advice that have no business doing so. I know this first hand. Just be careful what you read and always get advice from more than one source.

One case in point was a young man that asked for some advice and a member on the board gave him some incorrect information that almost killed him and did cause him some temporary blindness.

Just use caution....it's the only body you'll get in this lifetime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moose72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[There is a great deal of intelligent people on that site, so I wouldn't exclude that site. It's prob one of the biggest sites on the net that deals with Body building, Lifting, eating, etc, etc.
    </div></div>

Your right their is alot of guys their that have a welth of knowledge but as with any online forum their are some keyboard cowboys that don't know shit from shineola and are more than willing to spout off useless and dangerous info on which they have zero buisness even talking about.
    I personaly know several 16-17 yr old kids that are highly reguarded on a couple board because of their vast knowledge on the use of all supplements including anabolid steroids , none of these kids even realy workout and have had zero experiance with any anabolics.

You have to be very carefull on where and who you get your info from , I have seen some people do some really really stupid and wreckless stuff because they read it on the web.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not knocking bodybuilding.com, but rather the multitude of incorrect information that gets passed along on that site. I'm not saying that it's all wrong, but there are alot of members there giving advice that have no business doing so. I know this first hand. Just be careful what you read and always get advice from more than one source.

One case in point was a young man that asked for some advice and a member on the board gave him some incorrect information that almost killed him and did cause him some temporary blindness.

Just use caution....it's the only body you'll get in this lifetime. </div></div>

You beat me by a min+

trevor300wsm wouldnt your blood sugar drop through the floor during your workout if you take your insulin before working out? It seems like using a fast acting insulin right after the workout would keep your blood sugar up while lifting. This is just in theory and I have NO experience with this and only a basic knowledge of blood sugar, insulin and there effects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KansasMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">trevor300wsm wouldnt your blood sugar drop through the floor during your workout if you take your insulin before working out? It seems like using a fast acting insulin right after the workout would keep your blood sugar up while lifting. This is just in theory and I have NO experience with this and only a basic knowledge of blood sugar, insulin and there effects.
    </div></div>

The carbs from eating earlier in the day and drinking some light amount of carbs during the workout will keep your sugar in check , The R is much slower to peak than the Log is so its actualy starting to kick in at the tail end of the workout , BUT , som epeople are differant and could possibly have it hit them in 20-30 min so its a good idea to sip on some juice or somthing during the workout.

The trouble with the fast actinig slin post workout is that you have to consume alot more carbs in a shorter window and this can lead to some unwanted fat gain. I know several people that use alot of slin post workout stacked with HGH and ride the ragged edge of their carbs so to try to keep lean and not over eat , this is a very very bad idea as a small miscalculation can get you in trouble quick if you don't know your body really well.
    Its a great tool for those looking add muscle and strength but its somthing that has to be studdyed alot and worked into very slowly.

Again , unless your a seriously comperitive body builder then I don't recomend it

I used to have a hard time getting pumped up to work out. Not any longer. I now eat about 6 yellowjackets and chase them down with a 5 hour energy.

Cycle on and off different brands to change it up. Superpump is classic but is known for creatine bloat. Jacked 3d is new hot item. I also like Animal Pump. No creatine bloat and the caffine amount is just enough to get up for the work-out without getting the "shakes".