• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Adjustable Stock Options

Supersum1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2018
NE
Recently picked up an AR-10 that has a standard collapsible stock on it. I want to swap it out for an adjustable one as I intend to use it as a long range setup. A friend has a MagPul PRS Gen3 on his, which is definitely nice but very heavy. Are there any other good options out there that might be a bit lighter? Thanks!

I have a Magpul PRS that I removed from my MWS and replaced with the standard LMT Sopmod.

I shoot the Sopmod much better.

If you are interesred in a gently used FDE Magpul drop a PM.

In other words try out what you got before you give me your cash

Reactions: CopenhagenRealTree
Another vote for Luth AR MBA-1 (for fixed A-2 tube), or MBA-3 (For Carbine Tube adjustable).

They also have a nice Chubby Grip which has my interest.

While you're on the site take a look at their other goodies. They have a lot of nice bits and pieces for the AR builder.

Greg

Last edited:
Definitely interested in Luth AR. Looks lightweight, fully adjustable, and comfortable. Just wanted to ask about other options I hadn't thought of. I have shot with the current BCM SOPMOD, but it's got no padding and my shoulder is done after 40-60 rounds.

My problem with the PRS was sucky stock/cheek weld despite the adjustability.

In order to run the charging handle the face couch is limited in available real estate.

My cheek was half on/half off the pad and the edge of the plastic in the cheek sucked more than shoulder recoil.

I was shooting my MWS yesterday for second time since this change and Im sure its a more favorable option for me.

You are absolutely right about the weight issue.

Im not saying you wont find nirvana with something else just hoping you can try a few and get the best one.

I love my xlr stock. I still have a prs on my jp but it will be getting an xlr ax doin ax some funds free up. It's not super lightweight but it feels great, shoulders awesome, and looks bad ass which is 97.2% of the game anyways. ;)
20180502_161207.jpg

I use the Luth AR MBA-1 on a Stag Model 6 Super Varminter.

Before I got the second Stag 6, My Granddaughter and I shared the original Stag, but I'm 6' 5"+ and she's 5' 3", and consequently the A2 Stock was just not cutting it for the two of us.

So I got the MBA-1 and it was purely night and day. The Cheek weld adjustment was overkill, even cranked all the way down, it was too high; so it was removed and stowed away safely.

Understand that even on full LOP extension, my height made for a small issue, so I simply pushed on a Limbsaver 1" Slip-on, and Voila; perfect fit. My inside the Elbow to Trigger Finger LOP runs about 16 1/2".

I get to keep the Luth AR on my Stag 6 Kit, she has the A2 stock reinstalled on our original Stag 6. We're both happy with the arrangement.

Now I'm looking at their Chubby grip, and will probably be replacing an economy handguard on a homebuilt 16" Upper with one of theirs.

Good stuff.

Greg

I have a Magpul PRS that I removed from my MWS and replaced with the standard LMT Sopmod.

I shoot the Sopmod much better.

If you are interesred in a gently used FDE Magpul drop a PM.

In other words try out what you got before you give me your cash
How much are you asking for the PRS Stock?

Depending on what you are looking for I would say that SOPMOD has one of the best cheek welds if you are looking to spend some time behind an optic, plus you can customize your recoil spring and buffer a little better with a collapsible stock. ACE stock is nice and light and still comes in a rifle length buffer. However, it is lacking in sling attachment options.
UBR is cool looking but heavy as hell. If you want to lug around a really heavy rifle go for it.
PRS has lots of adjustment, but it is heavy, and you are really not going to be using those adjustments much. I think out of two PRS stocks that I had, I did not even need to use my cheek riser or the LOP adjustment.
Other Magpul stocks are nice and reasonably priced. They do rattle a little, and the cheek weld is not as comfy as SOPMOD.

Just some of my uneducated $0.02

I love my xlr stock. I still have a prs on my jp but it will be getting an xlr ax doin ax some funds free up. It's not super lightweight but it feels great, shoulders awesome, and looks bad ass which is 97.2% of the game anyways. ;)View attachment 6905872
So this ^^^above^^^, has the Tactical AR Buttstock, which has a carbine length (7") buffer tube.

This vvv below vvv, has the Tactical Buttstock. Does this also have a carbine length buffer or does it have a rifle length buffer tube? It's hard to tell and the XLR site does not say.
I would agree with the above statement.View attachment 6905875

You might want to look at the Larue RISR for your cheek weld/charging handle issue.

I think it fits the Magpul ACS stock and if I need a little more comb, I'm going to try to adapt it to a Magpul MOE FCS (on an LR308).

The new UBR is lighter and not out of line with popular options like the EMOD. I has an AR10/A6 length tube also and the cheek weld is excellent with the caveat that it’s short enough to fit under the charging handle.

Luth AR MBA-1
- Lightweight, inexpensive (Less than half the price of the Magpul), easy adjustments, locks up solid, would not hold up to abuse as well as the Magpul PRS, has the anti-rotation pin which I like over the XLR

So this ^^^above^^^, has the Tactical AR Buttstock, which has a carbine length (7") buffer tube.

This vvv below vvv, has the Tactical Buttstock. Does this also have a carbine length buffer or does it have a rifle length buffer tube? It's hard to tell and the XLR site does not say.

Both run carbine length.