• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Armament 5.56 EFAB Hybrid Muzzle Device review.

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Many of us are no stranger to Precision Armament Muzzle devices due to thier M4-72 Muzzle Brakes that truly provides exceptional recall reduction at a more than fair price.

For the past 6 months I've been testing the PA EFAB line on multiple rife platforms, and to say the least I'm more than impressed with the performance and quality of the EFAB line. With the 5.56 EFAB I chose to utilized a Crush Washer for the installment which they don't recommend but bore and muzzle device alignment is absolutely perfect.

When installing the 30 Cal EFAB utilizing their ACCU-WASHER SYSTEM made perfectly timing thier muzzle device quick and easy, and ensuring proper alignment.

The machine work and overall quality of Precision Armaments muzzle devices are exceptional, some of the cleanest work I've ever seen.
    20240124_084920.jpg

20240124_085129.jpg

The PA EFAB line performs as advertised, easily reducing felt recoil IMO by its claimed 50% all the while effectively reducing or eliminating muzzle flash signature especially in barrels 16" and under, the EFAB also comes pre drilled for Pin and welding.

The felt recoil reduction not only being effective but has very minimal muzzle rise and produces a straight to the rear recoil impulse.

20240124_085218.jpg

From the above picture you can also see the closed bottom that eliminated kicking up dust when shooting in the prone position.

I ran the the 5.56 EFAB on multiple barrel lengths ranging from 20" down to 12", the benefits of the EFAB seem to truly shine on barrels from 16" on down. The EFAB also does a phenomenal job at reducing the felt concussion to the shooter's ear when compared to a non Hybrid Muzzle device like the American Precision Arms Micro Bastard Muzzle Brake pictured below.

20240124_110000.jpg

With most muzzle devices there's almost always a slight shift in POI when transferring over from the standard Mil-Spec A2 Birdcage Flash Hider, however I did not notice any measurable POI shift over the A2 flash hider and had no negative effect on accuracy in any way.

Right now the 5.56 EFAB sits on a 16" LWRC DI rifle. I have a 14.5" Bartlein Chrome Moly (C.M. 4140) barrel on order for the LWRC DI that will be its permanent home once it's pinned and welded.

20240124_084943.jpg

When running the EFAB on large frame rifes recoil reduction was effective but the felt recoil was more like a gentle push similar to what you would experience from running a Suppressor, overall performance with the 18" .308 barrel has mirrored the same quality and benefits as the 5.56

20231018_121255.jpg

20231018_121241.jpg

With Compass Lake closing its doors it's caused a huge delay in receiving my new 20" - 14.5" .308 and 6.5CM barrels so my Large frame testing has been limited to only 18" .308 and 6.5CM, however I was informed today my order from CLE is ready to ship.

I will write a separate three part review for the Lage Frame Muzzle Devices that will incorporate a Review and Range Report on my latest Custom LT Modular PredatOBR with the shorter barrels in .308 and 6.5CM as well as a direct comparison between the American Precision Arms Gen3 Little Bastard, and Precision Armaments new Hypertap muzzle brake.

20240124_125921.jpg

20240124_085756.jpg

Overall I could not be happier with the performance of the Precision Armament Muzzle Devices that I have sampled, thier Customer Service is outstanding. PA takes Exceptional care of their Military and First Responder customers.

Last edited:
    The AFAB version is legit on the 14.5+ barrels for flash and flatness in 556. I am impressed with both versions. They work as advertised.