• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Armament M41 muzzle brake

montgomery627

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Bastrop, La.
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with these brakes yet. Wondering how effective they are as far as muzzle jump. Will be using one on a 20" LTR for the G/F.

Can't seem to find any info(reviews) when I Googled it yesterday except for on their website.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Re: Precision Armament M41 muzzle brake

I'm taking it that no one has tried one of these yet. Guess I'll just have to order one from Brownells and try it out.

I tried the top/side venting M11 brake on my AR-15 6.8 SPC. Recoil reduction is amazing, I barely have to shoulder it shooting off a bench - the top vents really aid in muzzle flip. Plus the coating is extrememly hard, I tried scratching it with a knife (like I saw on another review on brownells) and my knife steel rubs off on it. Should note I think the photo on Brownells website is upside down, I'd go to manuf website: www.precisionarmament.com to see better pics. Thinking about getting the M41 brake for my 338 LM, and was looking for more reviews. Re-post and let me know what you think if you get one before me!

Well I finally decided to buy the M41 severe duty brake for my Remington 700p MLR .338 LM for a couple of reasons. I like the idea that I do not have to have it indexed, which saves me additional costs and having to send it out to have done. I also like that it is supposed to mitigate the torsional recoil from the bullet twisting as it travels down the barrel. I have noticed that my 338 does twist as I shoot it. Then there is the simple fact that the factory muzzele brake on the 700P MLR just plain sucks. I figured that this as a do it yourself option at a reletively low cost fit the bill. Will give my impressions on it after it shows up and I get it installed.

Lol, I just ordered one today also. Not sure how long its going to take the smith to thread my barrel so, when you r able to post back and give us some updates, Plz do.

Did you buy the 338 caliber brake? If so, I was wondering if you could post what the brakes actual bore diameter is once you get it? I'm interested in getting one for my 338 LM and am curious as to what the bullet clearance is on it. It looks like from their installation guide on their website its 0.030" over.... if you went with the 7.62mm brake thru Brownells and are planning on boring it out yourself, disregard.

Thanx

so how did it go!?

how was install, did you use their specified tool?

Yes, so how did it go? Pretty sure that 9 years later you guys have a lot of experience with this brake since I'm looking to getting one.

Yes, so how did it go? Pretty sure that 9 years later you guys have a lot of experience with this brake since I'm looking to getting one.
These days, the sport has generally evolved away from omnidirectional brakes. FWIW, I like my M11, EFAB, and AFAB from Precision Armaments; I find the EFAB in particular is lower concussion than a bare muzzle - more of a push than a blast. I’m sure the M41 works fine, but since I shoot prone on a bipod I’m not going to consider buying one.

Reactions: Ocean_Dweller