• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Kit

Why1504

Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
Southeast US
I am putting together my kit for precision shooting.

Rifle with Bipod
Rear Bag
Kestrel
Range log
Pen
Spotting scope (mine is cheap)
Rename finder (mine is cheap)
Shooting Mat (TBD)
Eye and ear protection

I also have other sandbags which go with me to the range from time to time.
We keep first aid kits in the vehicles.

Please advise on what I should buy for the mat and anything I am missing.

Thanks!!

Champion shooters or creedmore sports have some nice mats . There not "tacticool" but they serve their purpose.
Oh and btw you forgot the ammo . Kinda hard to shoot without bullets ! :-D

Magazines
2 write in the rain pens
Write in the Rain 3"x5" notebook
Blowout kit
Headache meds that work for you
Small tool kit for scope mounts, etc...

Don't forget an anti-cant indicator on your rifle. (I use a Vortex scope-mounted model)
Elbow/arm bag (or two) for positional shooting (Wiebad)
Knee pads, preferably hard shell type (Hatch)
Container for ammo (TAB SAC or plastic ammo boxes)
Container for spent brass (TAB SAC or plastic ammo boxes)
Sharpies
Arm board/dope board (I've used the ones made for quarterbacks in football, currently use one made by London Bridge Trading for carrying target maps and photos)
Grease pencil/wet or dry erase marker for making notes on arm/dope board (Grease pencil and dry erase for me)
MilDot master is a huge help on UD stages
Some method of running ballistic solutions (Phone app, AB Kestrel, dedicated handheld, etc - I use the Applied Ballistics app on my phone and a modified phone turned into a dedicated ballistic computer)
Range card (I just draw them on index cards for my arm board, or on the board itself)
A quality pack or bag capable of carrying everything (Eberlestock Gunslinger II)

Last edited: