• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Precision made tapered scope base question

guther

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
NC
I have a question for the extreme long range shooters. What brand or who makes your tapered scope bases? I want to get an accurately made 45min. scope base, that when installed it is nearly centered on the gun so I don't have to use much windage adjustment. I want full use of my elevation in the scope. I have several bases but they are off center so much that it takes over 12 min to zero. I am using a Nightforce 5.5x22 NXS. Thanks,
Guther

Re: Precision made tapered scope base question

Call Cameron Murphy of Murphy Precision - he'll make you whatever you want.

His machine work is flawless & his customer service is the BEST I have ever dealt with!!!

Are you sure the base holes are drilled center on the action? Might have to have them checked and measured and send that info along with the order for the custom mount.

Basing this question on you saying you had a few bases that were offcenter. Hope you get it worked out.

Topstrap

I have no way of checking the holes in the top of the action. It is a custom action so I hope they are true. I am basing the fact that the holes in the base are off because I turned the base around on the action and it was the same distance of the opposite way. I appreciate the help.
Guther

I would consider contacting the action manufacturer to double-check the alignment of the holes. If they are 6-48thd, they can be redrilled and tapped 8-40thd.

Get a Near Mfg Base: There is no substitute (He will make whatever cant you want). His rings are also great. Check him out