• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Precision milling UKD stage

THLR

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2012
The precision milling UKD stage as done on the Midnight Sun Rifle Challenge (MSRC) 2019 match. It's a >24 hours "quarter-marathon" match with a strong focus on fundamental LR skills. All electronic aids (except red dots) forbidden.

Part 1 of this stage is usually 5-6 targets UKD, done twice and under a time limit. Most shooters use a notepad and calculator wheel for this. Part 2 is usually 3 targets/ 8-10 seconds.

In this film 3 of the shooters are interviewed.

The Truemiller looks interesting wonder if its made in English measurements.....

Chasing the link above not seeing any US ditributors.

Always nice to see shooting in the Scandanavian countries.

There is a more MIL oriented Slovenian (?) version as well. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Reactions: pmclaine
There is a more MIL oriented Slovenian (?) version as well. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Interested in satisfying my "gear whore" DNA if you find any links.

I like shooting UKD on the rare times I get to do it.

Challenge of first shot hits is the greatest.

Recently picked up a lower end RF.

Next time I do UKD my intent is....

a. Sip my coffee
b. Draw a range card
c. visually estimate ranges
d. Mil through scope - use my own math or MilDot master/wheel
e. check using Mil feature on Kestrel to see if it agrees
f. use RF to confirm c, d and e
g. make first round hit
h. Sip my coffee
i. Repeat as necessary for available targets

He's sipping, not gulping or chugging. With that technique he should be fine long enough to get the job done... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
I picked up a couple Trumiller wheels after seeing other THLR vids earlier this year. I emailed Sem Larsen at [email protected] to order both metric and imperial wheels. He took some time to make the imperial wheel as it is not normally stocked, but he sent them to me as soon as they were ready. I was able to pay him through paypal. Great guy to deal with, and they are built well. Here is a video link he suggested to view how it works (not english)

Last edited:
Reactions: THLR
That was a well made film!

I have a short one here that details the Truemiller, but the focus is more on how to hold the rifle for the best reading.

Reactions: Ratchety